How long will new Macbooks take to hit stores?

I know it's a subject of heated debate at the moment, but it seems like the new MBP's will probably be revealed at the WWDC (unless there's a surprise announcement before then).

If this happens, does anyone know how long it takes for them to hit UK stores? (in particular, Comet?)

My 2009 MBP suffered a bit of an accident and after the insurance people took it I'm now left with it's value (999 GBP) as a voucher for Comet.

I don't really want to rush down there and buy one if I can wait a month and get the newest model.

Thoughts?

Medking

Pick up the phone, call a Coment branch and ask them how long it usually takes for new Macs to be delivered to them.

This made me laugh...

On a serious note; I'd hold onto your cash for the next few weeks and see...

Well no one really knows. Apple always hide their delivery schedules until it's announced and it shows up before the day of announcement/release. They do a fair amount of work to hide any shipment information beforehand, so nothing gets leaked. The only people who know will be in Cupertino.

Take rumours as a grain of salt.

They're always fairly quick to ship after announcing. I don't think it's ever been more than a week? Mine was ordered the second it was announced and the store came back up.

They're always fairly quick to ship after announcing. I don't think it's ever been more than a week? Mine was ordered the second it was announced and the store came back up.

Depends I think they are shipped one or two weeks before and it will be an scheduled delivery under a temporary name, and then on the stocking systems it will be renamed to what they actually will be on the day of the announcement or after, hence the reason why stock is always so quick.

Usually a week or so, unless they have them ready in stores (happens sometimes with smaller upgrades)

Usually Apple have already stockpiled the new model (better than Harry Potter books secrecy) so when they announce it and it goes on sale immediately. Check the Store returns policy to see if you would get your money back if you bought now and changed your mind if a new one is released.

Pick up the phone, call a Coment branch and ask them how long it usually takes for new Macs to be delivered to them.

Lol - I did. They said they couldn't give me an estimate!

I asked Cancom the same only to be given the same response...

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll keep the voucher. Won't really need a computer for the next few weeks anyways.

Lol okay, it wasn't meant in a rude way or anything. I just figured they would be able to give you a rough estimate. Third-party resellers here in Amsterdam usually get their initial Mac shipments about a week after. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. Custom configurations and high-end models tend to ship later than lower-end ones, based on my personal experience that is.

This is probably the wrong place, but does anyone know the date for the new build iMacs?

This is probably the wrong place, but does anyone know the date for the new build iMacs?

Nearly every Mac product at the moment hasn?t been updated in a long time, and is completely obsolete as we?re speaking. I don?t know what Apple is on this time, but any line could be updated any day by now.

I know they were waiting for Ivy Bridge processors. Now they?re being released progressively since April 29th (desktop quad-cores at least).

Does anyone here know the exact release date of OS X Mountain Lion, what new features iOS 6 will bring to the table and its general availability to the public?

Does anyone here know the exact release date of OS X Mountain Lion, what new features iOS 6 will bring to the table and its general availability to the public?

Apple has released no information other than Mountain Lion being released in the Summer - as for iOS 6, nothing has been announced.

Apple has released no information other than Mountain Lion being released in the Summer - as for iOS 6, nothing has been announced.

He was being sarcastic haha, he's trying to say: no one outside apple knows, so what's the point asking :D

He was being sarcastic haha, he's trying to say: no one outside apple knows, so what's the point asking :D

Thanks for detecting the sarcasm. lol.

I was almost like "one person just did this, and a second person did this sarcastically, did a third person really just think the same thing? lol"