Man implants magnets to keep iPod at the ready

If Magneto, the arch-nemesis of the X-Men, was a tattooed hipster, he might look a lot like this guy.

Dave Hurban, a tattoo artist from Newfield, N.J., surgically implanted four magnets into his wrist. Why? Basically, it's a cool (or at least unique) way to hold his iPod Nano in place without a pesky wristband.

You can check out the video of the process below. But be warned?there will be blood.

source

What an idiot. Doesn't magnetic force harm devices such as ipod's?

Why do you argue with stupid, let him be man, worst it can hapen is gets infection, arm amputated, iPod lost ... = Win

Wouldn't it also ruin credit cards with a magnetic strip? We don't use those anymore in Belgium (ours have a simple chip), but don't they still use those in the US?

• Like 1

I think that's cool. Wouldn't do it myself, but it looks awesome non the less.

So what's he going to do when Apple changes the form factor...?

The magnets are glue to the iPod, so i don't see any problem here?

I think that's cool. Wouldn't do it myself, but it looks awesome non the less.

The magnets are glue to the iPod, so i don't see any problem here?

The magnets are embedded into his arm, not the iPod

• Like 1

best mod ever is moding yourself, I think he knows the risks of doing this, but people like this are what START things it's call invention.

best mod ever is moding yourself, I think he knows the risks of doing this, but people like this are what START things it's call invention.

You did NOT just post the same comment as you did on Youtube!

• Like 3

What an idiot. Doesn't magnetic force harm devices such as ipod's?

No because an iPod nano uses flash memory, not magnetic. Also, magnetic memory like hard drives require a VERY strong magnet to destroy. Now, the credit cards that Ambroos mentioned are a lot more likely to get damaged. I don't think it takes too much of a magnet to mess them up.

:o all him iron in him blood will stuck to da magnutts and him wud killed :o

No :p

• Like 2

He's going to have fun with the TSA every time he goes through the security checkpoint. Try explaining iPod magnets in the wrist to them.