Man implants magnets to keep iPod at the ready

Wonder what would happen if he went under an MRI scanner :rofl:

Anyway, I think its cool. If we didn't have individuality, then life would be boring.

Wouldn't it also ruin credit cards with a magnetic strip? We don't use those anymore in Belgium (ours have a simple chip), but don't they still use those in the US?

US cards now have a RFID chip and a magnetic strip along with the physical numbers also on the card

All I could think to myself while watching the video is Seriously? People still own iPad Nano's? :rofl:

Pretty awesome to me, I would never do it but it's awesome. I have my ears pierced and I have a 6g barbell in my tongue but that's about it :p Almost everything in the tattoo and body modification world is surgical steel/titanium so it will not set off a metal detector ;) My best friend is a tattoo artist and she also does piercings :D

US cards now have a RFID chip and a magnetic strip along with the physical numbers also on the card

Oh. In Belgium the numbers are useless by themselves, you always need to verify with a PIN.

Oh. In Belgium the numbers are useless by themselves, you always need to verify with a PIN.

they still have numbers here for backup reasons, you can still run cards manually if you have the numbers on the front and the printed number on the back with the full name

i've seen this happen once where I am in the past year, we had a massive power outage, and when the power came back on a few of the resutrants around had no credit systems online yet, so they ran cards manually for hours until the credit systems came back on (think they lost the internet too at the same time, and it came back much later)

As per one of the comments on the video, he is a iDiot ... Just shows that apple phanboys are numptys

The magnets are embedded into his arm, not the iPod

I think you misunderstood my post. The guy asked what he'd do when Apple changes the iPod formfactor. I simply stated that the magnets on the iPod were glued on, so there would be no problem gluing a set of new magnets onto a new iPod.

What an idiot. Doesn't magnetic force harm devices such as ipod's?

No, all computers and similar devices have EF shields, but it's still incredibly stupid.