Do You Rip the Protective Plastic Off Straight Away?

Protective Plastic on Things  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Generally Speaking, Do You Rip It Off?

• Yeah, straight away!
    • Yeah, after a few hours of playing.
    • It lasts a few weeks / months
    • I try not to, but I do in the end.
    • No

I know this is going to depend on what it is and I haven't included the option for that reason.

We're also talking about the protective plastic film sheet which comes on things like mobile phones, not cardboard which is wrapped around plugs.

Generally speaking, I keep it on things like chargers (my Samsung charger has it on), but things I will use everyday like the phone it's off nearly straight away.

Depends what it is, I`ll leave screen protectors on phones and plastic on chargers, but i`ll take it off things like LCD plastics

For my phones i keep it on for a few hours while it's being molested for the first day. After that then off they go. :) I always think incase something is not working right I need to bring it back (it doesn't matter but still) that it looks like brand new still :D

I almost always rip the plastic off right away. However, I still have the protective cover on my Lumia 710 for some reason.

I take it off right after I take it out of the box or whatever, I can't stand that film on stuff

Depends what it is, I`ll leave screen protectors on phones and plastic on chargers, but i`ll take it off things like LCD plastics

the stuff that's one when you get them is transport protection not screen protection. with the exception of some SE phones that come with pre applied screen protectors.

yeah it all goes of right away it only goes ugly right away otherwise, and some of the crap gets impossible to properly remove after the device gets used and hot

I always find it funny when customer come into the store with years old Nokia phones, and the soft package protection plastic with the blue rip of triangle in the corner still on. and you can barely see anything on the screen.

I leave it on with mobile screens until I have something that can do a better job at protecting it. Though its like laptop stickers as well - they get pulled off soon after purchase.

I remove them if they make the product look worse than it does with them on. If you can't tell they're on... might as well leave them be.