DayZ for Arma II

arma ii arma2 dayz

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#121 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 12 June 2012 - 19:18

You accidentally hit F some where all the way, I have done that also. What F does is cycle between Full/Semi for weapons, flares, chemlights, grenades, etc. I found out the hard way.

If the reticule is a circle, you have a throwable selected

I figured it was something I did when I was organizing all of the loot I found :pinch: Thanks for the tip!

#122 Scazza

Scazza

___/\____\o/____ - Shark!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 17:10

Anyone want to 'group' on here later?! I've been playing loads alone and I just keep getting killed by bandits. Would be good to get a group together & 'survive'.

My SteamID is Scazza.

#123 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 15 June 2012 - 00:55

I can't play until Sunday, unfortunately. Would love to group with people.

#124 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:49

I am going to try and play some later today.
I got to stop my character shaking, painkillers are like gold dust.

Hopefully 1.7.1 will go live this weekend. Finally we'll be able to hide from infected chasing us and they'll not be able to attack/see through walls. Also they'll work off of line of sight.

#125 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:24

I think I'm just dense but I cannot figure out the Six Updater app and using it for updates? I don't see why the manual installation is such a big deal.

#126 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59

Yep, i prefer to manually install it also. I keep all versions in separate folders, so if i need to roll back i can. You unrar the files to a @dayz folder. There is nothing difficult about that. The only time it requires a little more thought is when you install the beta patch (which is required for 1.7.1).

I suppose the auto updater will update the files when they are released and makes it easier than checking the site to see if it has been updated.

#127 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:02

Getting sick of people who shoot on sight, its getting a bit boring now.

Spent over an hour making my way up to Stary Sobor, skirted my way around the town looking for bandits, I crawl over the top of a hill and someone starts shooting at me without warning, so i open up on him, he dies i have 600 blood, but he has AKS Kobra, loads of food, water, etc.. whats the point in risking all that against someone who only has a Makarov, he has nothing to gain by my death.

#128 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 16 June 2012 - 19:37

I have to agree with TheLegendOfMart about the amount of people who shoot on site now.

I was playing a couple nights ago and I had recently spawned with a new character, I had got to a Deer Stand and picked up a nice AK. I then start to head over to another one that was near by and in the chat I see "Scazza, Friendly?!" to which I reply "Yes".

A couple minutes later, I am being fired at! I fire off a bullets and it's this tool who asked if I was friendly shooting at me with his Pistol. He eventually ran out of ammo, to which he begged me not to kill him! I didn't as he was a new spawn and had nothing, but even after saying I was friendly he opened fire!

#129 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

Posted 16 June 2012 - 22:43

I'm not sure what rocket can do to improve the shoot on site issues. Its unfortunate and I guess was always going to be an issue once the game really became popular. Its a shame as it really does detract from the experience.

#130 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 June 2012 - 23:08

I agree, i know he wants it to be realistic but i've mentioned it in the DayZ forums but there needs to be a balance. Having no way to tell if a person is a bandit or not is leading to this shoot on sight. Some honestly do want to team up but it is difficult now to trust anyone, so you're always on edge. Some people have suggested maybe a bandit has the normal skin but has blood on it.

The main problem with the original way was once you went bandit and got the skin, it was very difficult to get your humanity back up to remove it because people just shoot at you on sight.

I'm sure Rocket has some ideas about it. I know he wants this realistic hardcore game but if he wants the mod to last and keep people coming to it, he needs to work on balancing it (which is what an alpha is for) because soon it will just be bandits shooting at bandits.

I think we'll start seeing gameplay changes when the team sort out the server bugs and the current problems.

#131 Scazza

Scazza

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:42

v1.7.1 has been rolled out.

DayZ Mod 1.7.1 patch notes:
Performance and Optimization
  • Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.
  • Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior
  • Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
  • Entirely new mocap‘d attack and running animations

Content
  • Additional Idle Infected sounds
  • Revised Attack sounds
  • Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc…

Notes
  • This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.
  • Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It’s pretty easy.

Current Changelog

Developer’s Note:
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:
Changelog:
* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED] “No Speaker…” debug report spam
* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [NEW] Infected can’t attack through walls
* [NEW] Infected can’t see through objects any more
* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you
* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
* [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table

#132 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59

I keep seeing people mention this mod and I've checked out several of the videos for it but I just don't understand all fuss - it looks terrible to me. The character models and animations are poor, the graphics are below average, the character speeds are simply ridiculous and the gameplay is completely unoriginal. Yet ARMA II: Combined Operations is the top seller on Steam almost entirely because of this mod and has been in the top sellers list for weeks now.

Can someone please explain why it is so popular?

#133 Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't sugarcoat it because you'll probably eat that too&

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:35

I keep seeing people mention this mod and I've checked out several of the videos for it but I just don't understand all fuss - it looks terrible to me. The character models and animations are poor, the graphics are below average, the character speeds are simply ridiculous and the gameplay is completely unoriginal. Yet ARMA II: Combined Operations is the top seller on Steam almost entirely because of this mod and has been in the top sellers list for weeks now.

Can someone please explain why it is so popular?

i've watched a few gameplay vids, and believe me, this keeps you nice and stressed out! that's how I like my gameplay, and unoriginal? c'mon, a huge map, different time zones/times of day makes a pretty decent zombie survival game, also because of this mod they hired its mod creator, oh yeah. Anywhos, this game obviously won't appeal to all, but fun. looks def like it :D

#134 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:53

So, how is everyone enjoying the new patch?

#135 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:33

Hate it, game uninstalled.

Sick of having to change the way I play the game every time he releases a patch to suit his whims. Keep the core mechanics the same but fix the game around it, don't force people to have to keep changing the whole way they play the game.

Frustrating as hell.