College Student, Hits, Runs, Disappears

MILLEDGEVILLE -- A college student who grew up in central Ohio is still missing, after he was in a car crash Wednesday.

Here in Milledgeville, everybody knows everybody. And still no one knows where 20-year-old Daniel Hiser, who grew up here, could be.

"We are deeply concerned for his safety and need to hear from him," Daniel's father Mark Hiser said.

He's a sophomore at Morehead State University in Kentucky and hasn't been seen since Wednesday. Police say he was in a car crash, hit a brick building, and drove off. They found his bumper and license at the scene the next day.

"We're just really, really worried about you Daniel, and anything, anything can be overcome," Danie's mother Linda Hiser said. "Please just call us."

Daniel's parents say, this just isn't like him.

"It's just very out of character for him, very out of character for him and we're worried that something's happened to him and really just you know want to hear from him or anybody who knows anything about him I just hope, he just you know shows up," Linda said.

"We just want to give him a hug, that's all we want," Mark said.

Kentucky police are still searching.

"We searched yesterday over 200 roads, uh gravel drives, gravel roadways, blacktop roads, but this time of year with the foliage as full as it is it makes it very difficult both by ground and aerial," Officer Mike Martin said.

Daniel's parents are just begging for him to come home safe.

source

Update:

Missing Central Ohio Student Found Safe In New Mexico

WASHINGTON COURTHOUSE -- Central Ohio man, Daniel Hiser who was missing after a car crash in Kentucky earlier in the week was located safely in New Mexico. Hiser a student at Morehead State University; contacted his family Sunday but did not give any details about the circumstances of his disappearance over the past few days.

Hi Mom and Dad,

Just wanted to let you know I'm OK and in New Mexico right now. Oh the car crash? That was not me driving...