12 posts in this topic

When former Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn resigned after announcing a dramatic restructuring of the company

Can't stop love or lust. But the guy did cheat on his wife so screw him.

4 people like this

Happened with the General manager and an employee at the Best Buy I used to work for.

Can't stop love or lust. But the guy did cheat on his wife so screw him.

God, a cheater too? I concur with your statement. God how I hate cheaters.

Speaking as an employee of the company, I'm happy to see him gone. Most of us realize he had no ability to adapt with the market and would have driven us under. He was blind to the challenges and reacted way too slowly for any of us to accept.

I hope Best Buy doesnt go under. Aside from going to a small, expensive home theatre store there is nowhere to look at a bunch of big TVs & cool electronics ?

The BestBuy over here even has McIntosh home stereo stuff :drool: - (spending $50,000 on an amp, a tuner, and 2 speakers is completely normal in Southlake.)

So where will one go to get their electronics store fix ?

Speaking as an employee of the company, I'm happy to see him gone. Most of us realize he had no ability to adapt with the market and would have driven us under. He was blind to the challenges and reacted way too slowly for any of us to accept.

BestBuy need to revise its pricing to stop bleeding.. I hope the new CEO at least try to do that!!

The only reason i go to BestBuy now is to take a look at products before I buy online

BestBuy need to revise its pricing to stop bleeding.. I hope the new CEO at least try to do that!!

The only reason i go to BestBuy now is to take a look at products before I buy online

Yep, and so are a lot of people - I think that might be the #1 reason for their problems.

I will quote you and Bold you AGAIN :laugh: , because this is no doubt what I do as well. Once in a blue moon I see a price that is competitive to online so I get it in store, but that has happened less and less over time now. In fact I do not think it has happened once in the past year. The only other time I shop in-store is when I am using my corporate card for work, and I need to have something sooner then later.

But getting back on topic, I totally disagree with the notion if the dude has an affair that was reason for him to lose his job as CEO. If he sucked as a CEO then fine, but i absolutely disagree with he should have lost his job because of the affair.

That's fine that you do that, as do I... but as a former BBY employee it was extremely irritating when people came in, asked for help and basically had us talk and demo the product for a good 30 mins-hour just have have them say they're buying it on amazon. I could have used that time to actually help a serious customer looking to purchase something from our inventory. It's rude and potentially a money losing situation providing nobody else is around to help serious buyers. Hopefully you said no when they asked if you needed help with something.

That's fine that you do that, as do I... but as a former BBY employee it was extremely irritating when people came in, asked for help and basically had us talk and demo the product for a good 30 mins-hour just have have them say they're buying it on amazon. I could have used that time to actually help a serious customer looking to purchase something from our inventory. It's rude and potentially a money losing situation providing nobody else is around to help serious buyers. Hopefully you said no when they asked if you needed help with something.

That's why i never ask for help unless I really need it. I am a technology geek and if i need help I Google it.

Usually when the BB employees ask me if i am doing Ok, I would say I am fine.

That's why i never ask for help unless I really need it. I am a technology geek and if i need help I Google it.

Usually when the BB employees ask me if i am doing Ok, I would say I am fine.

EXACTLY - Sometimes if Im feeling particularly pompous I will ask a question, wait for their incorrect answer - then play dumb just to see how deep the BS gets.

BBY guys weren't too bad about it, not near as bad as Fry's -

1 person likes this