Diner arrested after protesting end of all-you-can-eat fish fry

A 53-year-old Mequon man was arrested for disorderly conduct after being told the Thiensville restaurant at which he was dining ran out of fish for its all-you-can-eat fish fry last week.

According to the police report:

The man had already consumed 12 pieces of fish around 7:40 p.m. Friday when informed the restaurant had run out and could not substitute any other fish.

The man then refused to pay his bill. After the restaurant gave him eight more pieces of fish to go, he paid his bill.

The man returned to the restaurant in the 400 block of North Main Street on Sunday with a picket sign protesting what he said were the restaurant's poor business practices.

source

Hmm, sounds like a stupid reason to arrest someone, granted he was picketing in front of the store, but unless they had asked him to leave, or he was somehow preventing guests from getting in, I do not see why they arrested him, couldn't they give him a trespass warning, then arrest him if he showed up again?

^ You are using logic, which most people do not use in a situation like this...

The man had already consumed 12 pieces of fish around 7:40 p.m. Friday when informed the restaurant had run out and could not substitute any other fish.

The man then refused to pay his bill. After the restaurant gave him eight more pieces of fish to go, he paid his bill.

That makes no sense. They claimed they were out of fish and then they gave the guy 8 pieces to go?

^ They probably had only 8 more pieces, and said they were out, wanting to save the rest of the fish for other customers.

A manager will lie.

Perhaps the fish that he was given on the all you can eat was different then the fish that provided him at his departure.

That makes no sense. They claimed they were out of fish and then they gave the guy 8 pieces to go?

would think those were the last ones cooking and there were no more to put out once these were done... he got those and then there were none.

But the sign said all you can eat!

oxfamfood%2Bhomer%2Ball-you-can-eat.jpg

I heard this story on the radio yesterday morning and they played the soundclip of that exact episode. Lots of lulz. :rofl:

As a side note, if you go on the Wisconsin CCAP website and type the guy's name in "William Wisth", he has a pretty huge track record of being a scumbag.

^ I'm shocked -- he's fat. :s

The eatery didn't change its policy for Wisth. Waitress Elizabeth Roeming said the man has been a problem for years, and has a substantial tab he hasn't yet paid off

post-37120-0-19663100-1337186400.jpg

All you CAN eat

There's none left. Hence you CAN not eat any more!

Simples!

I love it. They gave him 8 more pieces of fish. He should be happy. Then he complains. I get this guy is fat too.

But the sign said all you can eat!

oxfamfood%2Bhomer%2Ball-you-can-eat.jpg

This is the first thing I thought of when I read this.