18 replies to this topic

#16 Unrealistic

Unrealistic

Laughter is all we have.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:34

And what's so awful about that?

Have you ever developed software for thousands upon thousands of people who;
- Have no concept on how to provide proper feedback with a proper description of the issue -> you have to ask them over and over again for the information -> wasting your time
- Bitch, moan and whine when something they get for free doesn't work
- In general give you zero respect

It doesn't take long to jade a person after having to deal with that daily. Most likely the Perian developer were just fed up with people in general.

The quote was something I tried to find quickly. I wasn't going to spend some time looking at all of the threads to find the real ones which ****ed me off originally. I haven't coded a full blown application, but I administrator a few thousand users and deal with this daily as well. You're right that it can jade you, but at the point you re-evaluate what you're doing in the first place.

Which goes back to my original comment; I loved Perian but I found the developer to be an ******* and am torn at the decision. This decision will impact myself and my users if Perian does not work in Mountain Lion.

#17 Lunfai

Lunfai

Neowinian

• Phone: iOS 8

Posted 18 May 2012 - 16:38

I love Perian, it works on Mountain Lion DP 3.2 right now, so let's hope it'll keep working.

#18 Princess Katie Pixie

Princess Katie Pixie

Princess Katie Pixie

• Phone: Too many phones =)

Posted 21 May 2012 - 20:12

http://www.apple.com...components.html are more codecs that can be supported in Quicktime from Apple.

#19 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 21 May 2012 - 20:50

I think you're missing the point a bit, but thanks anyway. ;)