Posted

LINCOLN

Posted

I lol'd.

Posted

sickos :p

Yes, I'm kidding

Posted

haha i was expecting some guy who looked kind of feminine. Instead it looks like a guy i used to know from college!

Posted

I like how the lady pauses, almost stumbling on her words TWICE when saying "she". :laugh:

Posted

I lol'd.

Why?

I like how the lady pauses, almost stumbling on her words TWICE when saying "she". :laugh:

Why?

Good luck to her and I hope she wins her lawsuit.

2 people like this

Posted

While I don't necessarily agree with her being discriminated on, from a business standpoint, they would more than likely lose a lot of their customers if people knew they were being touched by a transgender. Most people are comfortable only getting a massage from a female, so that person being a male in "disguise" would probably be a serious deal-breaker for most customers.

Depending on what gender she listed on the application, the case could probably be steered away from discrimination and more so that she lied on the application. Ethically it's not right, but as a customer of Massage Envy, I don't think I'd want anybody but a female giving me a massage.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think you can grow a beard and then expect to be called a she.

Either do it all the way or stfu.

This right there

Posted

Why?

Why?

Good luck to her and I hope she wins her lawsuit.

Why ?

you hope she wins from just knowing the story from one side, through the media ? Maybe wait for the whole story before you give judgment, huh ?

Posted

Step 1

Wilkinson-Sword-Schick-Hydro-safety-razor.jpg

Posted

While I don't necessarily agree with her being discriminated on, from a business standpoint, they would more than likely lose a lot of their customers if people knew they were being touched by a transgender. Most people are comfortable only getting a massage from a female, so that person being a male in "disguise" would probably be a serious deal-breaker for most customers.

Depending on what gender she listed on the application, the case could probably be steered away from discrimination and more so that she lied on the application. Ethically it's not right, but as a customer of Massage Envy, I don't think I'd want anybody but a female giving me a massage.

The person in question was hired to be a 'sign swinger' not a masseuse. You know, stand on a major road and spin a sign around to attract attention.

Posted

Step 2:

post-37120-0-83612200-1337189567.jpg

Posted

He didn't have to tell them anything..

Posted

The person in question was hired to be a 'sign swinger' not a masseuse. You know, stand on a major road and spin a sign around to attract attention.

Oops, haha, I clearly missed that part. Well that changes everything then. Thanks for correcting me.

Posted

And for the beard, here is a reason from 1 other transgender:

"Alright. Not here to flame, but responding to a couple questions...

1. Why the beard? As stated, the subject hasn't yet started hormones, and likely hasn't begun transition, but is 'planning' on it. I wore a beard up until I began transition as well. Why? For one, electrolosys (the most effective permanent hair removal process) is performed on actively growing hair folicles."

1 person likes this

Posted

Why ?

you hope she wins from just knowing the story from one side, through the media ? Maybe wait for the whole story before you give judgment, huh ?

Well it's not exactly uncommon for trans people to face discrimination (just look at the way the majority of posters have responded in this thread) so there's no reason to doubt the story. Perhaps I should just stop reading all news if it's all so inherently wrong.

Posted

WTF? I watched the video and all the references to "Ariel" and "her" but Andrew didn't even bother to shave or even look like a female.

What is this world coming to?

Total BS imo and another freeloader looking to profit from a business, like so many others.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also, all the letters were to "Andrew" Would (s)he not applied to the job and registered as "Ariel" or is it because Ariel is not yet a legal name? If so, then h(er[is]) name isn't Ariel but Andrew. Ariel would be just a nickname.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well it's not exactly uncommon for trans people to face discrimination (just look at the way the majority of posters have responded in this thread) so there's no reason to doubt the story. Perhaps I should just stop reading all news if it's all so inherently wrong.

So just because of that with no further evidence or not even hearign the other side of the story,, you're siding with the side you heard... hmm yeah.