Lamborghini Gallardo crash wrecks driver

It's a setup, right? No one would just happen to pull up behind a $200,000 Lamborghini Gallardo somewhere in the sprawling Chicago suburbs with a video camera running only to have the Gallardo driver get sudden onset Lambo brain and attempt to drift through the intersection, instead swapping paint with a Honda CR-V and Mercury Grand Marquis.

That's going to leave a mark on their wallet.

Apparently captured at an intersection in Wheeling, Ill., there's no other information known about the driver of the Gallardo, other than their new-found knowledge of how the V-10 interacts with the all-wheel-drive system on a slow corner.

But the videographer did capture the driver of his own Pontiac making one and possibly two illegal U-turns in the road while recording the aftermath. However much money they may get from a few ads on YouTube won't make up for the cost of a traffic ticket and auto insurance hike.

source

post-37120-0-48668300-1337197840.png

Isn't the whole point of the Lambo being all-wheel drive is to increase traction (ie harder to spin out/drift)?

That dude should have his Lambo taken away from him.

It's a setup, right? No one would just happen to pull up behind a $200,000 Lamborghini Gallardo somewhere in the sprawling Chicago suburbs with a video camera running only to have the Gallardo driver get sudden onset Lambo brain and attempt to drift through the intersection, instead swapping paint with a Honda CR-V and Mercury Grand Marquis.

It looks like they expected him to just floor it so they started recording, if I had a cam I'd do the same I imagine a lot of people record fast cars.

Saw this yday. Doesn't even look like the Gallardo took the turn that fast. And what the hell was the driver of the video thinking?!

I saw this on Jalopnik and someone brought up the point about the driver filming doing two illegal U-Turns.

He should have offered to give the video to the victims of? the "accident". It would help with the insurance (even though it's pretty easy to prove who's at fault here lol)

stupid fool drifting is for race tracks not the public highway.

Doesn't look like he was trying to drift, just lost it while trying to accelerate while turning.

I agree with the above though, why spend so much money on a car like that when you can't control it?

The driver clearly saw the camera and decided to show off, hence the revving engine and the oversteer at take off...........poor driving skill leads to poor judgement.

Yea, that wasn't a drift, simply too much throttle. Happens to the best of us, I'm still a little skeptical on how it happened as it doesn't look like he ever really lost grip till it cut back...possible mechanical failure?

PS Fining the video taker, really you ninnies?

• 3 weeks later...

haha what an idiot... y own a car like that if you cant drive it

I'm fairly sure that most owners of super cars are barely capable of driving a go kart, they just happen to have more money than the rest of us

But the videographer did capture the driver of his own Pontiac making one and possibly two illegal U-turns in the road while recording the aftermath. However much money they may get from a few ads on YouTube won't make up for the cost of a traffic ticket and auto insurance hike.

What does this part even have to do with it... the guy filming didn't get a ticket or an insurance hike, just not sure what the point of that comment was...

[/color]

What does this part even have to do with it... the guy filming didn't get a ticket or an insurance hike, just not sure what the point of that comment was...

U-turns are illegal, and it wouldn't be the first time someone has been charged with something they did in a YouTube video.

err.. has anyone actually read the OP properly..

it's the driver of the VIDEO that is the one who's rep has been wrecked.. not the Lambo.

Why are the two cars the Lambo crashed into stationary so far away from the lights?

They were probably both moving somewhat slowly coming up to the red light, and stopped when they saw the out of control Lamborghini barreling toward them.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this on Jalopnik and someone brought up the point about the driver filming doing two illegal U-Turns.

Oh no big deal! If its save why not do them.

In Canada, the U-turn would be legal. The law requires that anyone who witnesses a crash worth $5000+ to stop and help if needed and stay for a police report. If a U-turn was illegal in that area, it would be legal of him to perform the U-turn if he intended to get out of his vehicle and help those in the accident regardless of how severe it is. Since he did not, I think he also broke the law as a witness for not stopping to help.

Why are the two cars the Lambo crashed into stationary so far away from the lights?

Could be a wide turn lane for large trucks/semi's to be able to turn into.