Michigan couple killed after lottery win

Police in Michigan are investigating the stabbing death of a couple, and family members believe they were killed over a winning lottery ticket.

"I just ask that if anybody know anything, just please. Because they didn't deserve this, my daddy helped the community. He would have done anything for anybody. They could just have got the ticket and left them alive," said the victims' daughter Tierra Evans.

Evans believes a winning ticket proved unlucky for her parents William and Brenda.

"The motive was a lottery ticket," she said.

Two weeks ago, Evans said her father hit the lottery and told everyone he was a winner before cashing in the ticket.

"So, it was someone that he knew and he knew them well," Evan said.

"They were a nice couple. I want everybody to know that," said Marcus Jefferson, a family friend.

Family is struggling to comprehend the violence and said that the couple, who were in their 60s, was stabbed to death in their home. Family members also said the victims loved to garden and help in the community.

Phyllis Foster learned the tragedy as she was calling her sister-in-law Brenda a happy mother's day.

"I called to wish her a Happy Mother's day and didn't get an answer on the phone. In the meantime, while I was calling her, someone called me and told me about it," Foster said.

Police say this home is a place where illegal drug deals went down. But the Evans family denied the allegation.

"They were not drug dealers. This is not a drug house," Evans said.

William and Brenda's four daughters are asking the community help turn in a killer saying the murderer maybe someone trying to cash in a winning lottery ticket. :iiam:

source

First bet would be family... if not and someone was dumb enough to try and cash in the ticket, well dumber things happen!

Annnnnd this is why I don't agree with the places that always publish the winners' names. In this case the guy went around telling people himself, so at least that can't be blamed (not that it excuses this in the slightest, obviously) but if I ever won I'd keep it very quiet...

yeah why would you go announce winning? **** i would not even tell my wife. Just let her see the cash in the account. and put a secret stash for when she leaves me.

feel bad for the family members. Hope they catch the person who did the murder. also do the kids still get the money?