[Poll] How much money do you have in the bank

I live month to month, I get paid ?2,000 a month, and I've got about ?1,000 left.

I live day to day :D Got about ?200 in the bank

I just started working (3 years out of college now), and I have saved up quite a bit. I have some spread throughout stocks and retirement. In any case, need moar monies! Trying to save more money, and not buy random stuff. The car has been the last big purchase. Next up is a house!

I have about $50,000 dollars in the bank. Not rich but I can live comfortably.

If you ever get stuck for ways to spend it.... :D

I have a substantial amount in the bank but it's all going towards a down payment on a mortgage in a year or so, so I don't consider it spendable money.

• Like 1

I don't keep too much in my bank account since I'd rather have the money working for me in the stock market. I'd say anywhere between $5k-10k in the bank so I can pay off bills and school loans, and whatever else comes up. Otherwise I throw $1k-2k per month in my stock portfolio. It's nice not being a poor college kid anymore (1 year out).

I don't think it's any of your business to know how much it is in MY bank account.

How much do I have in the bank? I've just taken a rough guess and converted to USD, and I think I have about $49,000 in the bank, or ?31,000 if you're in the UK, or 46,000 CHF if you're in Switzerland.

Hmm, I've never done the math before. I'm going to have to go out drinking tonight to try and bring that number down. I'm not responsible or old enough to have that much saved up.

I don't think it's any of your business to know how much it is in MY bank account.

Take it easy, mate. He's not asking for your bank details, it's just a curious question. If you don't want to answer it then you don't have to enter the thread.

Full time at college, volunteering at the weekends so I have next to nothing in the bank. Just in time for the steam summer sale :/

Full time at college, volunteering at the weekends so I have next to nothing in the bank. Just in time for the steam summer sale :/

Be happy you don't have money. The steam sale always hit my wallet hard. Well soft in a way because I'm saving a LOT of money, but spending all that money at once is kind of intimidating lol.

But, i have about 3k saved up. Finally got a good job and with my computer business hoping to start saving up a lot more since I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck anymore.

How about you CRY SOME MOAR? He didn't asking you to enter this thread just to say you don't like to share information. This is information your friends can see, colleagues and bank tellers. So telling a bunch of people on a forum you love to visit is not a big idea. As long as you don't share obvious details.

Take a chill pill and take off your ugly tinfoil hat.

I don't keep too much in my bank account since I'd rather have the money working for me in the stock market.

My bank pays me 5%/year on the first $15,000 and about 1% on the balance above $15,000. Used to be 5% on the first $25,000 :(

How much do I have in the bank? I've just taken a rough guess and converted to USD, and I think I have about $49,000 in the bank, or ?31,000 if you're in the UK, or 46,000 CHF if you're in Switzerland.

Hmm, I've never done the math before. I'm going to have to go out drinking tonight to try and bring that number down. I'm not responsible or old enough to have that much saved up.

You're lucky you live in Switzerland. I wish I had a "Swiss bank account" just so I could say I had one.