Photo

May 8th, 2012 : The first day of the rest of my life.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 OP +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,295 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 00:30

Warwagon I'd strongly advise you don't consume too many hotdogs those nitrates aren't good for you and hotdogs also contain fillers like potato starch which is a carb.

Correct they do contain carbs, but 1g per hotdog.

sodium 720 mg
Carbs 1g
Protein 6g
Total Fat 15g

#17 irina.antonia

irina.antonia

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 20:57

I have had SUCH GOOD LUCK wit low carb. And I highly recommend Gary Taubes books on the topic of fat gain and fat loss. He has researched everything in this field since the 1800′s and puts it all together for us.

#18 Warlock6669

Warlock6669

Neowinian

• 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 21:34

I've started a similar low-carb / gluten free diet last month, after reading this book: http://www.amazon.co...h/dp/1609611543
Basically by going gluten free, and not falling into the traps of eating foods labeled as gluten free which spike glucose and subsequently insulin, I've managed to lose 17 lbs in 7 weeks without changing anything else. I was already working out 3-5 days per week and not losing weight, plus I was hungry all of the time. Now, I've got much more energy, I can eat normal portions of food, and I'm not looking for something else to eat 20 minutes after a meal. As with any diet plan, YMMV. If nothing else, the book is an interesting read on the current state of the links between food and obesity in the world.

#19 gnuman

gnuman

Chief Website Architect

• 1,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:00

@warwagon, the problem is the salt content as well. 750mg for a hot dog is high and if you eat 3 it's 2.3grams of salt and nitrates which is not good.
You'll start retaining water and put on water weight.
Eat some real meat instead of cured ones it'll be a lot better for you

#20 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:40

Yes but when you are jetosus you go throw a lot more salt. To the point where they recommend you consume extra salt.

#21 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:41

Nm

#22 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,983 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:46

Also an alimentary regime based on low carbs (low, not none) and high protein can improve your mood.

#23 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 16:02

As all of you know by now, I've been doing the low carb thing for about a month. Today I went to Wal-mart to buy myself some low carb snacks. But first I made a stop at the blood pressure machine. Now in the past (pre low carb) when I would read the results on the machine I felt like just standing up might make me stroke out! It usually said 140 / 80 with a heart rate of 75. Today after almost a month of Low carbs it told me 115 / 60 with a heart rate of 69. Hurray! Then I tested myself again and the 1st number was at 123, but that's still the lowest i've ever seen it. Low carb FTW!

#24 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:30

I've been doing low carb now for about 4 months. I'm no longer trying the no carb, just low carb. Thus far I am now down to 168lbs, with a BMI of 25 (was 34). I feel great and the low carb diet has been going great. I don't see why I would stop doing it.

#25 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:55

What would you say is your daily food consumption? What do you eat all day?

#26 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:02

What would you say is your daily food consumption? What do you eat all day?

Well for breakfast, I have 1 of 2 things. Either 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or 3 eggs with cheese. I also have a mocha, which is chocolate mixed with french vanilla creamer with coffee and whip cream.. yes all that has sugar but it only a mounts to around 30 grams of carbs ( I counted)

For dinner I will sometimes have a stir fry made up of celery, onion,s green beans, tomato and carrots. Usually with a side of some kind of meat. Other times I will have some Tuna maybe chicken if I cook a whole one up. Or maybe a salad which I am about to list below.

For supper I have a lettuces, cheese, turkey slice, carrot salad with dressing. It's yummy.

For a snack sometimes I have summer sausage, a hot dog, a carrot or some peperoni.

When I go out drinking on Friday nights I have diet coke and Vodka.

Every night just before bed I also take.

1 Multi Vitamin
1 Calcium pill
1 Fish oil
1 5000IU Vitamin D

If I drink pop I drink diet, or I buy flavored walmart water.

This is just off the top of my head.

#27 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,494 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:08

.... For dinner I will sometimes have a stir fry made up of salary ....

moneypan.png

#28 nominak

nominak

Neowinian Senior

• 3,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:10

Well for breakfast, I have 1 of 2 things. Either 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or 3 eggs with cheese. I also have a mocha, which is chocolate mixed with french vanilla creamer with coffee and whip cream.. yes all that has sugar but it only a mounts to around 30 grams of carbs ( I counted)

For dinner I will sometimes have a stir fry made up of salary, onion,s green beans, tomato and carrots. Usually with a side of some kind of meat. Other times I will have some Tuna maybe chicken if I cook a whole one up. Or maybe a salad which I am about to list below.

For supper I have a lettuces, cheese, turkey slice, carrot salad with dressing. It's yummy.

For a snack sometimes I have summer sausage, a hot dog, a carrot or some peperoni.

When I go out drinking on Friday nights I have diet coke and Vodka.

Every night just before bed I also take.

1 Multi Vitamin
1 Calcium pill
1 Fish oil
1 5000IU Vitamin D

If I drink pop I drink diet, or I buy flavored walmart water.

This is just off the top of my head.

That sounds pretty decent.. Do you exercise at all?

#29 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,736 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:11

moneypan.png

Hahaha I thought the same thing :rofl:

#30 OP +warwagon

warwagon

• 26,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:13

That sounds pretty decent.. Do you exercise at all?

Well I stopped walking every day, because in combination with walking and low carb I was loosing to much weight. So i'm still walking 3.5 miles every friday down to the bar and back.

But mostly i'm just using low carb to keep my diet under control. It's working great. I'm staying between 168 and 171.

All I have to say, is if you have a weight you've been trying to achieve for a very long time without luck, give low carb a try!