Photo

10 gadgets you’d be a fool to buy (right now)

tech toys apple android smart tv

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• 8,810 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:27

All this is saying is don't buy anything because something better is coming in "the next couple of months", if we kept thinking this way no one would buy anything because there's *always* something better in "the next couple of months".

#17 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,702 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:20

HHDs still too expensive. Wait wait wait. I agree to wait on the ultrabooks since well they suck...and the android tablets since better screens will be coming out this next generation.

Macbook pros yeah people should wait for when they are announced next month or so. I am looking for a new laptop so this is good for me.

#18 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,321 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:39

Same basic rules apply as they have for decades with regards to technology...

Buy only what you need when you need it. As you are always only a few months away from a faster, "better", and/or cheaper version anyway.

#19 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• 7,007 posts
  • Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:58

All this is saying is don't buy anything because something better is coming in "the next couple of months", if we kept thinking this way no one would buy anything because there's *always* something better in "the next couple of months".

Exactly, I would still be using a 386 if I held off every time something new was around the corner. :laugh:

#20 (Spork)

(Spork)

ANDROID-APPLE

• 4,786 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 13:09

i agree with the sprint and blackberry listing

#21 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

• 6,177 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 15:57

That's how it always it. The moment you buy an electronic gadget it is outdated. You need to accept it and realize that you are happy with what you bought and move on.

#22 Jack 0Neill

Jack 0Neill

Neowinian

• 640 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 00:29

Avoid iCrap is the best advice anyone can give.