35-year-old man poked little girl 20 to 40 times

FENTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan ? A township man is accused of poking a 4-year-old girl in the eye with his finger 20 to 40 times and blistering the girl?s feet by making her hold them above a space heater.

The man was upset with the girl because she had accidentally kicked the man?s year-old son in the eye, said Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell. The man is the boyfriend of the girl?s older sister, who is in her 20s.

?I liken it to torture of a child,? Pickell said. ?You have question what kind of mindset you have to do this to a child.?

Pickell said the man poked the girl in the eye as punishment for her doing it to his son.

?It was a brutal, unnecessary thing to happen,? Pickell said.

John R. Shorez, 35, was being held on $10,000 bond in the Genesee County Jail on charges of first-degree child abuse, a 15-year felony.

Pickell said the alleged abuse happened the day before Thanksgiving at a mobile home park off Eastview Drive where the man lived with his girlfriend.

The alleged abuse was not discovered until Saturday, however, after a neighbor called Child Protective Services to check on the girl?s welfare, Pickell said.

CPS workers and sheriff?s deputies found the girl with a black eye, blisters on her feet and bruises on her body, Pickell said.

The girl originally said the black eye came from a fall, but Pickell said the injuries she had were not consistent with that.

After Shorez was removed from the home, Pickell said the girl told investigators that she had been abused for about four hours. Shorez then was arrested.

more

Oh bloddy hell, just drive his sorry a** here and I'll cure all his ills for free :angry:

I have NO use for child abusers. None. Zero. Just off the SOB's.

• Like 2

put her feet over an hot object to cause blisters? WTF is wrong with this guy. Just because she poked (accidental or on purpose) his son? 4 hours he tortured her. Oh this guy when he gets to prison is gonna be a bitch.

The effects from This kind of abuse may last that girl for the rest of her life.

What about the dudes blind son?! This site is SO feminists omg.

Did anyone else assume the title was referring to Facebook

yeah :D i was disappointed when i found out it wasnt related.

Whilst it sounds plausible - I'm frankly appalled how many people assume someone to be guilty of all accusations made by someone else - before a trial has taken place.

Yes, very easy to think about beating the **** out of the worthless human that has caused this damage.

However...I just worry so so much about the child. :-(

What about the dudes blind son?! This site is SO feminists omg.

What blind son? nowhere was blindness mentioned in the article.

"The man was upset with the girl because she had accidentally kicked the man?s year-old son in the eye, said Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell."

You need to learn how to read, and watch who you are calling a feminist. :crazy:

Just wow.

They liken it to child torture? It IS child torture. The guy burned her feet 'till they

blistered. And where the hell was mom at? Just... wow.

And yes, it still needs to go to court on the off-chance that the kid is just ****ed

off at the guy... it happens. But if he did do it, just spend the dollar on a bullet

and be done with him.

*sigh

Why not just tell the child off and punish her by with holding tv or games? Was poking her in the eye, then torturing her for 4hrs a proportionate and fair response?

Honestly.........