"If anyone wants to talk about anything, call me"

A Miami waiter is getting a lot of phone calls from strangers in New York City.

The calls are being prompted from signs that are popping up across the city. They look like advertisements for a man who wants a date.

The stark pieces of paper read: "If anyone wants to talk about anything, call me." There is a phone number and it is signed: "Mark...One lonely guy."

And they appear to be working. Mark Kilburn, 48, has been getting calls every day for the past several weeks. He estimates that he's getting about 20 calls a day.

The only problem is that Kilburn is not posting the signs.

"I'm positive it's my ex-wife putting up these signs," Kilburn says. "I mean, she's done so many creative things to harass me over the last year that there's no question in my mind it's her."

Kilburn and his then-wife had a bitter split about seven years ago. Since then, he claims that she has posted his number on Craigslist and given his e-mail address to Publisher's Clearing House.

He estimates that she puts up 2-3 signs a day in New York City and claims they have been spotted hundreds of miles from the city. One even turned up in Miami.

"I guess my ex-wife must've been on vacation in Miami," Kilburn says.

Kiburn says he's taking the situation in stride and says he's going to hang onto his current number.

"I think if I did change it she would somehow get my new number," Kilburn says.

source

Has she never heard of "The Internet" ?

Easier than putting up loads of signs :D

but it's harder to trace someone posting signs in the middle of the night even more so where there's no CCTV coverage.

Has she never heard of "The Internet" ?

Easier than putting up loads of signs :D

it's harder to delete a sign then a forum post.

but it's harder to trace someone posting signs in the middle of the night even more so where there's no CCTV coverage.

it's harder to delete a sign then a forum post.

Firefox > Proxy > gaydating.com > Advert > Win :D

^ Thanks for the tip ... maybe I'll have a date next weekend. :blush:

lol, you might want to test the url first, I just made it up, it could be a site for gimp bondage

^ Thanks for the tip ... maybe I'll have a date next weekend. :blush:

Well, if you are that way inclined, the url is real, go for it! :shifty:

Edit: You beat me too it!

^ gaydating.com is real ;)

lol, I didn't dare check, knowing my luck something would get stuck on my machine and I would have a lot of digging to do trying to explain to my gf "I was just checking it was real" :laugh:

It'd be cool if her prank backfires, he makes a good friend or two, maybe saves someone from suicide or something. "I'm going to prank you by making you do a good deed!" But I guess answering that many calls would get overwhelming after a while...

It'd be cool if her prank backfires, he makes a good friend or two, maybe saves someone from suicide or something. "I'm going to prank you by making you do a good deed!" But I guess answering that many calls would get overwhelming after a while...

Or better yet he ends up marrying a Woman that's hotter than his EX