First Custom Painted Nokia Lumia 800/900

1customLumia900.jpg?e83a2c

A tatoo artist company in the UK called ?I Ain?t No Saint? has started working on some custom paint jobs for the Nokia Lumia 800 and 900. They currently have custom painted battery covers available for the Nokia Lumia 710, but it looks like they?re testing some designs for the Lumia 800 and 900 as well. Above you?ll see a test of a custom painted Nokia Lumia 900 and below you?ll see a Lumia 800. Both are just preliminary designs made as a test for training purposes, but if you really want a custom painted Nokia Windows Phone, you can contact ?I Ain?t No Saint Paint? through their website. I imagine you?ll have to send them the Lumia 800 or 900 for painting since those don?t have an easily-removed casing like the Lumia 710.

customLumia800_2.jpg?e83a2c

http://nokialumiablog.com/first-custom-painted-nokia-lumia-800900/

Dear God that's UGLYYYYY.

Whats wrong with Whit or mat black?

Nothing, these are custom paint jobs, you pick what you want on your phone. It's up to the owner to do what he/she likes, just another way to customize your stuff. Besides the 800 and 900 are unibody and you can't, like other phones, just pop out the back cover and get that painted etc. The ability to do this on the type of material in use by the lumia 800/900 was probably not easy.

Horrendously ugly. A tattoo artist, I would assume, would firstly be more versed in tattoo design than spray painting phones. And secondly, I'd have expected something less 1990s.

But hey "Tattoo designer makes custom Lumia paintjob" sounds way more "hip" than "graphic designer spraypaints his phone"...

Nothing, these are custom paint jobs, you pick what you want on your phone. It's up to the owner to do what he/she likes, just another way to customize your stuff. Besides the 800 and 900 are unibody and you can't, like other phones, just pop out the back cover and get that painted etc. The ability to do this on the type of material in use by the lumia 800/900 was probably not easy.

Also means if you don't like it, your pretty much screwed.

I got the Lumia 710 without doing much research at all, just that it was affordable on Pay and Go and pleased to find it has the removable back cover and battery. Not a fan of the Cyan 70's lamp-shade colour though

Also means if you don't like it, your pretty much screwed.

I got the Lumia 710 without doing much research at all, just that it was affordable on Pay and Go and pleased to find it has the removable back cover and battery. Not a fan of the Cyan 70's lamp-shade colour though

Well yeah, but that's the case with any type of custom job one does to something. If you're going to go to all the trouble you should make sure you're going to like what you put on it. Hell, we see this sorta custom paint job being done to PC cases and even for the past 4-5 years on special edition game consoles. Phones are no different in this case, custom back covers and cases for phones have been around for years but seeing how the Lumia 800/900 are built and what they're made out of (it's not cheap plastic or metal) then this type of work probably isn't easy to do regardless.