Oh God another Windows 8 Thread...

I know exactly what everyone is thinking: Oh God another Windows 8 Thread. Right off the bat: I'm not hating or trolling or anything of the sort. I really have an honest question:

How many people use Start8 from Stardock? How good of a start menu replacement is it? give me a #/10 stat.

For those unfirmiliar:

http://www.stardock....roducts/start8/

I really have an honest question:

How many people use Start8 from Stardock? How good of a

start menu replacement is it? give me a #/10 stat.

Start8 really only brings back the familiar Start Orb, when clicked brings up a hybrid Metro Start menu but not full screen by default.

Classic Shell is better ... if you want to restore the standard Start menu, and be able to choose between the original single column

format Start Menu from Windows 9x/2K, or the double column format Start menus from Windows XP/Vista/7. You don't lose the

default Metro Start ... it's still available from the Start icon in the Charms Bar or the hidden Start icon in the lower left corner.

Best of both worlds ... and more.

I have to say I rather disliked Start8.

It seems to defy the point of the start bar. It's a start screen but with an orb :\

If you are trying to get away from the start screen, I don't think it's for you.

2/10, Pointless app. I'm not one of the ignorant retreads demanding Windows 8 look and function identially to Windows 7 though so perhaps my opinion isn't needed.

Start8 really only brings back the familiar Start Orb, when clicked brings up a hybrid Metro Start menu but not full screen by default.

Classic Shell is better ... if you want to restore the standard Start menu, and be able to choose between the original single column

format Start Menu from Windows 9x/2K, or the double column format Start menus from Windows XP/Vista/7. You don't lose the

default Metro Start ... it's still available from the Start icon in the Charms Bar or the hidden Start icon in the lower left corner.

Best of both worlds ... and more.

I may take a look at classic shell, as I still have 8 installed on a partition. Perhaps I may wait for the next release.

I would give Start8 a 10/10 simple because it fixes my only complain with Metro, it being fullscreen and I hope Stardock will continue to support it for the final release :)

I think ViStart is much better if you want the old start menu. If you want the metro style then you might as well stick with the original.

I find having the start orb rather annoying especially if you have multiple screens its a nice change for once, the interesting thing about start8 it gives those that aren't ready to transition into the new style yet eventually though your going to need to get used to as places will only be using it which means you cant use start8.