Coda 2 and Diet Coda to be released on May 24, 2012

Panic is about to release Coda 2. There's a tour of the new version on http://panic.com/coda/.

Also coming: Diet Coda, a slimmed down version running on the iPad: http://panic.com/dietcoda/

Introductory pricing for Coda 2 will be $49 for the first 24 hours after the release. Afterwards it'll be available for $75.

Back when i had a mac Coda was the closest thing to Notepad++ i could find .

Very nice, i was contemplating switching to SublimeText2 but i'll be trying this first.. have they released upgrade pricing?

From the FAQ:

How much is Coda 2?

Coda 2 is a major, paid upgrade. For the first 24 hours, Coda 2 will be half off, at $49. After that, we will extend "upgrade pricing to everyone" for a limited period of time, making Coda 2 $75.

If you bought Coda 1 after 4/10/2012, directly from us, you are entitled to a free upgrade. (Sorry, Apple does not provide a method to provide free upgrades to App Store purchasers.)

From the FAQ:

How much is Coda 2?

Coda 2 is a major, paid upgrade. For the first 24 hours, Coda 2 will be half off, at $49. After that, we will extend "upgrade pricing to everyone" for a limited period of time, making Coda 2 $75.

If you bought Coda 1 after 4/10/2012, directly from us, you are entitled to a free upgrade. (Sorry, Apple does not provide a method to provide free upgrades to App Store purchasers.)

Don't fully understand that, so it's $49 for 24-hours to buy/upgrade? afterwards it will be $75 to buy and $49 to upgrade?

Don't fully understand that, so it's $49 for 24-hours to buy/upgrade? afterwards it will be $75 to buy and $49 to upgrade?

For everybody:

First 24 hours: $50

After 24 hours, for a limited time: $75

After a while: $75 upgrade for Coda 1 customers. $100 for new customers.

It's about time.

The tour on the site is pretty poor though, they talked about new features without actually demonstrating them. For example, when the new CSS editor is mentioned it just shows a perspective shot of the code screen... Helpful.

If that in-window CSS editor works as it says it does it'll be a must-buy for me. No more save/cmd-tab/update/wrong colour/cmd tab/coda

Coda is an amazing app and it looks like this upgrade will be worth every penny. Airpreview is going to be helpful when you haven't got a 27" mac!

The voice on the guide is creepy. :laugh: "This is Coda 2, and if you don't like it, we're going to kill your dog."

For $50 tho, totally worth it.

For everybody:

First 24 hours: $50

After 24 hours, for a limited time: $75

After a while: $75 upgrade for Coda 1 customers. $100 for new customers.

meh... the upgrade pricing should be a little bit cheaper than the 24/hour pricing for all..

i'll be giving the demo a whirl before i commit as i was close to buying Transmit+SublimeText2

Coda 1.7.5 is currently ?70 on the UK store.... I think I may give it a miss unless it is on offer tomorrow :-/