Coda 2 and Diet Coda to be released on May 24, 2012

It doesn?t have a particularly appealing UI, it isn?t integrated in a web editor like it would be with Coda, but seriously, thanks, it?s the first SQL editor that I see out there that actually looks great on first use. All the others I?ve tried sucked because of their bad interface or they were poor ports from Windows to the Mac, or they were filled with bugs.

If you haven't tried it, Querious is a great MySQL database management app for OS X. I've found it better than Navicat and Sequal Pro. The MySQL tool in Coda 2 is severely lacking important features (can't seem to define indexes, primary keys, relationships).

It seems to me that that smart complete in Coda 2 also has a long way to go. It doesn't work across files, it ignores scope, no parameter hints for the built in PHP functions/classes, no suggestions for class members and getting it to work like in that video is totally hit-an-miss.

That said, I like using Coda 2. It just needs a whole lot of refinement.

4. Hidden files : I have a few .htaccess files in my site. I can toggle an option in Forklift to see them, but not in Coda 2. Any plans to implement this feature ? Or any workaround maybe ?

As a workaround you can add a rule for .htaccess files:

post-27111-0-05874700-1338126905.png

As a workaround you can add a rule for .htaccess files:

Does View -> Show Invisible Files not work for .htaccess files?

Does View -> Show Invisible Files not work for .htaccess files?

Well, I didn't even see that in the menu. I'm sure I looked there as well, clearly not very well.

Well, I didn't even see that in the menu. I'm sure I looked there as well, clearly not very well.

>_>

I swear I?ve looked for it, and I even used the search bar under Help. But I remember I was searching for "Hidden".

With the Rules though, you just taught me something something. It?s better to user Rules IMO, because otherwise, weird files like .DS_STORE and .PREVIEW-index.php appear. Thanks a bunch, that fixes something :)

And yes, Coda 2 has very strong foundations. But it needs just a little bit of fine tuning and it will deserve its 5 stars.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to handle url rewriting that PyX mentioned about?

is that for the iPad live preview?

• 11 months later...

It doesn?t have a particularly appealing UI, it isn?t integrated in a web editor like it would be with Coda, but seriously, thanks, it?s the first SQL editor that I see out there that actually looks great on first use. All the others I?ve tried sucked because of their bad interface or they were poor ports from Windows to the Mac, or they were filled with bugs.

I think Valentina Studio is better free tool for linux, windows and Mac OX S http://www.valentina-db.com/en/valentina-studio-overview