So who is picking this game up today and what feature are you most looking forward too? For me it is gonna be the MP, I really like team based stuff and like I like how the fire team split from the full team of 6.

Edited by Andrew
Tagged

So who is picking this game up today and what feature are you most looking forward too? For me it is gonna be the MP, I really like team based stuff and like I like how the fire team split from the full team of 6.

is it out today in the states? june 14th for the uk?

I was looking forward to the multiplayer until I played the BETA - where it seems to have taken a few too many cues from Call Of Duty.

Though frankly I never much player GR for it's competitive multiplayer, I always used to play the GR:AW games for their 16 player co-op (Over a ridiculous amount of possible game modes). But oh no, now there's no separate co-op campaign, and it's gone down from 16 player co-op to 4... and there are only two co-op game modes including the campaign? Not very impressed, especially given the massively long development time this game has had.

...Looking forward to the single player however, but I doubt I'll put in as much time into this game is I did with the GR:AW games - I easily spent over 300 hours in them.

Ordered from Amazon release day delivery. only cost $49.99 since Max Payne 3 came with a $10 off offer towards any video game purchase. So did this game as well, so get another $10 off, which I am putting towards Resistance for the Vita dropping that down to $29. Seriously have to love Amazon's deals with games.

So I am still beating Max Payne 3 campaign, really close, so probably will not check this game out for a few days, although it is going to be hard not to play it.

Played the Beta, I thought it was pretty much classic (this current console generation of) GR actually. I do not see where the comparisons to a COD were coming from. Perhaps they have made the SP more of a spectacle, but MP seemed to be the same team based affair it has pretty much always been since GRAW.

I have not done much MP gaming at all over the last year actually, really nothing besides BF3 on the PC. If any game would get me really back into MP gaming on the console, it would be Ghost Recon. Regardless of how much I get into it or not, looking forward to really enjoying it once I do check it out.

So yeah, posting this about 8 or so hours later, got home and heading out to dinner soon, but going to install FW. I am posting not to talk about the install, but to share the fact I had zero knowledge of the fact Ghost Recon FS supports 3D. Considering Assassins Creed Brotherhood was among the best 3D in games I have seen to date, and is also another title from Ubisoft, I have to say I am somewhat intrigued by the notion of playing a kick ass game in 3D. Could wind up being awful, as it really has been hit or miss with games that support 3D, but if it is decent, could be pretty damn cool. So yeah, hopefully I beat Max Payne 3 sooner rather than later. I see Ghost Recon as one of those series one can always go back to though.

Doubt I'll get it. I was a huge fan of the original GR (which wasn't GRAW, there was one before it) but everyone since then has been poorer than the last, it's the same with the Rainbow 6 games. Can you play this in FPS or is it only 3rdPS?

So far:

The Bad

1- It's a different game from the one showed on the first trailer? :/ They showed a futuristic tactical shooter and it ended being a Tier-1 ops one with adaptive camo.

2- Quasi-Mandatory install for "better sound" and overall experience, or in reality to force disk CIV checks to avoid piracy :rolleyes:

3- Bad and incoherent history, there's no connection between levels.

Te Good

1- Fast paced combat and top notch cover system

2- 0 Team micromanagement, this is good on a console, I hope PC version will have a more tactical focus like previous entries of the franchise.

3- Great variety of weapons and weapon customization.

4- Online experience is awesome, far better than the single player campaign :yes:

so, may be an 8/10 (Y)

"3- Bad and incoherent history, there's no connection between levels"

And you still give it an 8/10????

WTH man!

"3- Bad and incoherent history, there's no connection between levels"

And you still give it an 8/10????

WTH man!

I love to shoot at South American guerrillas :p

Well so far I have only been able to play some split screen co-op with my friend. I really enjoyed and I liked having to use all of my gadgets effectaly to do well. Gonna play some SP and try that out. Will go on a MP binge this weekend.

So don't know how to feel about the multiplayer yet. The kill cams are just horrible, either they are lagy or the hit boxes suck that much. I've had kill cams where I can't even see myself when the shots are taken, yet I know I had moved through that area just a few seconds before. This game also really depends on the gear you get as you unlock stuff. I felt a little better after I got some pieces for the engineer weapon for the bad guys(I have yet to play as the Ghosts, is there a option I'm missing?). I'm gonna give it another week and at least beat the SP before I trade it in for BF3. Also what was this about all 10 maps for every gamemode. I had a decoy lobby that had the same two map choices 4 rounds in a row. Overall not as solid as previous Tom Clancy games from the main 3 series.

sent even aware it came out till I went to the store yesterday...be a while before I play it tho! More feedback from everyone would be nice

3D is god awful, could only take it for about 2 minutes before I disabled it. Tearing, nauseating are just a few words that come to mind.

Slightly OT, but this game has just cemented what I have felt for quite some time. While there are a few decent looking games in 3D this generation, the current generation of consoles just cannot properly produce what it really takes for the 3D to be good. They just simply do not have the graphical capabilities. Case in point, the best looking game IMO right now is Super Stardust HD on the PS3. It runs at a great frame rate and is in 1080p. Incredibly crisp, really nice depth effects. Just done right. However it can do that though as it is a very simplistic game graphically. Take a game like Ghost Recon Future Warrior, which quite honestly the PS3 is struggling at times to do the normal graphics as they are, well enable 3D on a game like it, and the lower resolution of current console games really is evident. The 3D just really enhances this fact. Never-mind frame rate drops considerably, making the 3D vomit inducing. I am pretty confident the next generation of consoles is going to do 3D right, but that is all dependent on the fact if it sticks around. My hunch is it will, but that does remain to be seen. Oh well at least for now BluRays look phenomenal.

Back OT, I am on Mission 03 of the campaign, and so far, it is enjoyable. Nothing great, but definitely playable. The active camo is a kick ass little feature. So far it seems like it is going to be an okay game. I will post back once I really get some time with the game.

Got into the groove so to speak before playing the SP campaign, and actually really enjoying it now. One thing that messed me up initially is I was still on Max Payne 3 controls, which are very different then this. I was doing a lot of reloading and throwing grenades when I did not mean to. :laugh: But yeah, SP is pretty damn good now.

Just the sand storm mission was pretty damn cool.

Actually once again really looking forward to checking out the MP, just have my ritual of trying to beat the SP first, but I probably will break that tradition as MP is where it is at with Ghost Recon.

Thanks for the feedback Larry, sounds like every shooter needs to have a.sandstorm level now! Yeah used to be SP first too, doesn't work like that anymore. How are the shooting and squad mechanics on this one? The last two were.very so so.

Squad mechanics, hmmm, not sure they exist anymore LOL. There is a new thing called sync shot, and it works incredibly well, and that so far is all I have done with my squad. I am still being shown different game mechanics from the game, so perhaps they will come, or perhaps they really, really did dumb them down.

Shooting is tight. The whole gunsmith thing really is pretty cool. It allows you to customize basically all aspects of the gun. Seems like it could potentially be like crack for someone really into guns. For me it is just fun to play around a few minutes and customize the gun to my liking, for example you can change the trigger.

I will say this though, there is no doubt this is their attempt at making this series more accessible then ever. So people expecting classic GRAW will be disappointed.

Because of my time limitations I do not mind it whatsoever, but yeah, can see it turning people off that are looking for the more authentic squad based shooter. It is not really that anymore. With that said it is still a much smarter shooter than any of the big names of late.

How about classic original GR? Ever play that and if so does it compare?

I have played it, and nope, it is so far removed from the old Ghost Recon it is not funny, although the reloading icon is still the same.

I have played it, and nope, it is so far removed from the old Ghost Recon it is not funny, although the reloading icon is still the same.

Disappointing, I loved GRAW1 and 2. Will pick it up for PC regardless, I really enjoyed the prequel short film they shot for this game.

Disappointing, I loved GRAW1 and 2. Will pick it up for PC regardless, I really enjoyed the prequel short film they shot for this game.

Nah it is like GRAW 2, definitely. He was asking about the original Ghost Recon for PC, which was actually a First Person Shooter, and honestly Ghost Recon series has not been like it for a long, long time. But it is no doubt like Advanced Warrior, just a bit dumb down as far as squad mechanics, at least so far from what I have played. My wife actually has to work today on the weekend so I am about to get a marathon session in with the game, just eating my cereal and about to fire it up.

But if you liked GRAW 1 & 2, just as I also did, think you will still like this. (Y)

Oh how I miss the days of OG Rainbow Six/GR when squad mechanics were actually involved. I used to spend awful amounts of time in pre-mission planning, trying new tactics and such. Its a shame there isn't anything like that anymore (or if there is I'm ignorant to it).

Larry - got anymore thoughts on the game after some quality time yesterday? You know I trust your reviews/opinions and from what you've mentioned so far I'm on the fence as far as getting this for PC when it drops.

I was at Gamestop yesterday looking to pick up original GRAW and GRAW2 as they were cheap. like $7 or less. I don't remember if I finished them back in 2008 so wanted to at least do a play thru.

Wanted to check it out but didn't like how "slow" (paced) the game looked in the trailer so i'l check out some other live video now. I rather some little more action but I do like tactical planning and such too. I'm playing Rainbow Six and used to love Splinter Cell. Max Payne 3 is probably gonna be more fun for me but still worth checking it out I think :)

Larry - got anymore thoughts on the game after some quality time yesterday? You know I trust your reviews/opinions and from what you've mentioned so far I'm on the fence as far as getting this for PC when it drops.

Sure thing. (Y)

So I still have yet to play MP, really expected to do so, but I got caught up in the SP.

It is very much along the lines of the Advanced Warfighter titles, again they have just really simplified the squad mechanics.

But it is still based on tactical gameplay most of the time. There are parts of the game that you actually have to start over if you set the "alarm," which can be as simple as being detected by an enemy. So it still requires being smart about situations. The biggest difference is the technology at ones disposal is more advanced then it ever has been, so in a way it makes the game easier, but it also reflects reality as it is the type of tech they have at their disposal.

So yeah, I really do think overall it is a progression of the tech used by the soldiers but also trying to keep up with the joneses so to speak, and not making it so incredibly tactics based that people who prefer a Call Of Duty/Battlefield would not want to check this game out. Thing is, I still am not sure if that crowd would like this game, even with the obvious changes the game has made trying to capture their interest.

So really I would say if you liked the Advanced Warfighter games, there is no major reason you would not like this one. Naturally some people are going to feel it has been to simplified, but also if you ramp up the difficulty, it makes it pretty damn hard, and you have to be incredibly calculated in your approach.

I just personally love surveying an area, and then proceeding through that area like a bad ass and taking out everyone as stealth as possible.

I really want to play MP sooner than later, I feel if I wait to long people are just going to be insane ranks, so once I do check it out, will come back and good my final opinion so to speak. But I do think the SP is solid, and not as big of a deviation as people are perhaps thinking it is. There are a few things that seem out of place in a GR game, like on on rails main the gun on a helicopter sequence, but it is incredibly short, and you actually still have to think while doing it a bit.

So I think the game is indeed worth checking out, but I also do not think it is a game that is a must play either. if you are on the fence about it still, may be worth passing on until a price drop or you have nothing else occupying your gaming time. MP can make me change my opinion to it is a must play, and I will share the fact what sealed the deal for me deciding on pre-ordering the game was participating in the MP beta. I loved the pacing and the fact it was still very much tactical and team oriented. I also think if one has 3 good friends that also own the game, that the 4 Player CoOp for the SP is probably a really damn good time, IF everyone plays it seriously.