Gay Superhero to be Outed

I don't have a fear of gays (>implying lol).. I just don't approve of their lifestyle choices because they're trying to assimilate many wrongs as a right. See what you did there is cast my entire worth due to my perspective as having no place to teach anyone anything, you can't really be trusted if your making comments like that against someone's opinion on the forums, it shows you have a fear of people like me for whatever reasons that you may have.

And why are their lifestyles wrong?

well...there goes me ever watching another superhero movie ever again. Superhero and gay should not be put in the same sentence...ever. What, a random citizen gets into a bind, and then captain gay is supposed to come in and complain about how he just can't do a thing with his nails? Sorry, and no offense to gay people in general, but it's like mixing boxing with a beauty pageant. Can it be done? Sure, but it doesn't mean you should do it.

No offence? Your entire post is one dreadful offence :/ Unless you have the same views regarding superheroes being heterosexual. But I doubt you do.

Catwoman for me, is the safest bet, in our culture is better to have a gay woman than a gay man

For progress to be achieved, no one should go for "the safest bet" regarding not upsetting bigots :) That's why Britain introduced civil partnerships in 2005 instead of civil marriage.

You can't force people to believe that gay is right which is totally different to tolerance. It looks like society is trying hard though to shake that understanding e.g. gay marriages, adoptions and now superheroes.

No one is attempting to force anyone. People are merely trying to teach those who don't understand that same-sex attraction is normal and fine.

Seen the case where a girl that grows up hanging around with boys only turns out gay?

The fact she grew up hanging around with only boys likely has nothing to do with the fact she's attracted to girls. If it does, what's wrong with that? It would mean she's attracted to girls as a result of how she wanted to live her life (who she wanted to hang around with). We shouldn't stop people from hanging around with who they wish, just because they may turn out to be gay or bisexual (especially because, as I mention, there is nothing wrong with being gay or bisexual).

I wanted to post "If Batman turns gay I will be shattered" on facebook but I just realised I have gay friends and that would of been bad

Yes, it would have been bad because that comment indicates you believe there is something wrong with someone being gay, which is bad.

I am never too happy when they muck around with changing long established back stories. Some of these characters, especially the major ones, have been around 50 plus years and have well established and rich histories often involving personal relationships with both men and women. In the DC universe the major characters have often had teen sidekicks as well. This changes the context of all of those relationships greatly. If it were Nightwing/Robin am I now supposed to think he never really had a relationship with Batgirl or Starfire?

I don't like reboots much as a rule and this large shift in personality of a character potentially changes how I view those older story lines greatly.

I would tend to agree with you honestly, and this argument against this change I'm perfectly fine with. It's not offensive like people that don't want the change because it makes a character gay...

Honestly, I don't read often anymore, but when I did, I was always aggravated when they would change something like that. I'm sincerely hoping that this change makes sense and isn't just a "Me too" thing from DC...

For those who bring up Batwoman, afaik, the original and thus always, batwoman way back in the day has always been a lesbian. This was from the start, it's nothing new for her. Also, iirc, there is, or was, at one point a lesbian catwoman. Keep in mind there has been more than one Catwoman, the original, before any reboots and silly stuff, has retired and also had a kid iirc?

Batman just doesn't work, he's been with a number of chicks and his relationship with Talia is noted, they do have a kid together. Him helping kids (original Robin, and then the 2nd one) just worked into his character, because he had experienced losing his parents and so did the Robins, up till the 3rd or 4th that we have now (actually at one point "Robin" was a girl, one of the batgirls filled in for a bit as Robin iirc). Anyways, long story short, I don't think it'll be anyone in the batman story, it's not like he's a superhero who needs to reach a larger base by going gay. If they make a superhero gay and still more or less stick to the characters personality then if gay readers didn't like it before I doubt they'll suddenly like it now just because of the change in sexual preference.

For those who bring up Batwoman, afaik, the original and thus always, batwoman way back in the day has always been a lesbian. This was from the start, it's nothing new for her.

The modern one, yes, but the original 1950s Batwoman was created in response to the "gay" allegations about Batman back then. She and Bat-Girl (not Barbara, the original Betty Kane) were created to be female counterparts/potential love interests for the Dynamic Duo and give Batman a more "family-friendly" image.

It's not Robin, guys. :laugh:

People think it's gonna be Shazam, or the Green Lantern, who was missing from the 52 reboot.

Shazam (the wizard) is fine. I don't want it to be Captain Marvel though. Although maybe Captain Marvel Jr. . ..

The modern one, yes, but the original 1950s Batwoman was created in response to the "gay" allegations about Batman back then. She and Bat-Girl (not Barbara, the original Betty Kane) were created to be female counterparts/potential love interests for the Dynamic Duo and give Batman a more "family-friendly" image.

You're right, but the old 50s one got dropped/retconned out and thus didn't exist in the late 60s or w/e. Now they bring her back and she's a lesbian, heh. It's kinda hard to keep track of every character, specially since US comics like to retcon and pull this alternate universe crap on us. Or like now just reboot things and make more changes. One of the things I started to hate about US comics and why I don't follow them anymore like I once did. I would've been fine with Batman sticking to one world/universe w/e and not having this mish-mash of things to keep track of. Whatever the case, last I checked Bruce has a few kids and was missing so Nightwing (Grason) took over as Batman, etc. It would be fine imo if they had retired Bruce due to age and just let one of his "kids" take over and continue it. Hell, I think that'd make a interesting bases for some new movies.

Wonder who it would be in DC?

(sorry this image just seems to fit)

404785_2497878446412_1236408516_1973846_1459171602_n.jpg

Nice Rocky Horror reference. heh

Personally, I'm thinking Green Lantern. But that's just a guess.

The Twitterverse is rocking with the fact its Green Lantern thats just been announced as gay.

Doesn't explain why the movie sucked.

Green Lantern on Earth 2, Alan Scott.

That isn't major. If it were Hal Jordan then it is something to talk about. That is like marvel killing parker in the ultimates universe. Everyone is shocked at first then relizes its an after thought and not the major storyline.

WonderWoman or Flash would have been best for this.

Green Lantern? Nailed it!

How so? There have been several Earth Green Lanterns (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan (the recent film), Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Jade (Jennifer-Lynn Hayden, the daughter of Alan Scott.) Alan Scott is the original, dating back to July 1940.

Alan_Scott_001.jpg