MIT researchers solve the ketchup problem

^^ Thats just with the old glass bottles, they cured that with the plastic squeezy ones :p

---

Or you can store the ketchup bottle upside down ...

I have to disagree, the squeezy ones suck too. It's either nothing, or SPLOOGE :angry:

They work fine for mayo though.

I have to disagree, the squeezy ones suck too. It's either nothing, or SPLOOGE :angry:

They work fine for mayo though.

Actually you are 50% correct, I noticed the other day with the HUGE squeezy ones they have got a rubber valve on the opening that makes you squeeze even harder then SPLUT

The smaller ones have a paper seal you pull off and just a normal hole with no seal and they work fine :D

Now watch -- the LiquiGlide will turn out to cause cancer. :shifty:

Can someone forward this to The Daily Mail please?

Americans are literally so self obsessed that they havent realized the world dosent really ever use those glass bottles anymore. Its called plastic and its a wonderful flexible material that allows you to create these cool squeezy bottles. Honestly, when Americas top people are working on solving a problem like this in such a rediculous way you know the US has fallen from grace. I noticed when i was over there that wall sockets dont have switches on them. The only way to totally turn off an appliance is to pull it out of the wall, welcome to 1955.

1. we still have glass bottles, but the vast majority of ketchup does come in plastic. Too bad because a lot of plastic bottles exude chemicals - especially if the food is acidic like ketchup. You want your kids/grandkids ingesting that stuff? Feel free, but not us.

2. switched outlets are available but the building codes don't require them. Welcome to freedom of choice.

(for the record: we have switched outlets because I installed them. some even have USB power ports so we can charge stuff without a transformer)

• Like 1

[...]

WHOAW! :|

That was intense!

The amount of ignorance and playing the good old "America is..." game is quite high here...

Sidenote:

Cancer is like the new-age BonziBuddy of health... :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

Haha, freedom of choice is to not have something so simply that you hardly notice it and it can save power and lives?!?!?!? OH NO THE BIG SCARY GOVT WANTS US TO EVOLVE

Look at it like buying a new car. Some people will pay extra for certain safety features and others won't. The regulators set up minimum standards, but the rest is up to the purchaser.

Same for building codes - there is a basic US code, then each city can add to it as the state laws allow. I may have to install only 2 battery powered smoke/fire/co2 detectors in one city, but another might require a whole house system hardwired to the mains with rechargeable batteries.

The toxicity of materials is highly debatable.

Scientific tools today are finding traces of things that tools 20 years ago never saw, which were all claimed as 'completely safe and nontoxic' by the FDA and other agencies like it.

The more time progresses, the more advanced our tools become, the better we can detect something.

I don't approve of this, just as I don't approve of using plastics for anything that is to be absorbed by the human body, from food to skin products and even to things that emit fragrance (which in itself can potentially be bad).

DocM what are you on about bud. Do you know why your cars in america are so fricken big. its not because you have more soccer moms or guys with little man parts than other countries, its because your safety regulations on things like chassy wall thickness are way more intense than what we have in Australia or many other countries for that matter. Trust me, from my many visits to the USA i was seemingly more and more dissapointed with the level of adaption of international standards. The USA used to literally be the place for technology and science, then somwhere along the way the USA believed it was ahead of the rest and took its good off the accelerator. Do you know who never does this - the germans. They never think the job is done and they never think what they do is perfect eventhough as a culture they never stop striving for perfection. I mean lets point out the metric system. Every culture that is far older than the USA and even larger in population decided to move to this system because of its connection of units and simplicity of decimals. Now americans always say that using the imperial system is the spice of life, well no its simply an imperialist arrogance. The system you love so much was invented by the british and today is actually based off of metric units. The pound is based on the kilogram. Its the internationally accepted standard of measurement. Even if you go to Japan or China they use it. Things like this are merely indicative of a future where the USA will not lead the world anymore.

Americans are literally so self obsessed that they havent realized the world dosent really ever use those glass bottles anymore.

Neither do Americans... Nice ignorant rant.

DocM what are you on about bud. Do you know why your cars in america are so fricken big. its not because you have more soccer moms or guys with little man parts than other countries, its because your safety regulations on things like chassy...

Holy Off-Topic Batman!!

Also - a cars frame is called a chassis, not a chassy. The latter is street slang for a well built woman or a cut guy.

Another thing about chassis - very few US vehicles still use a box frame. Most now are now made of thin gauge metal formed into a geometry that creates crumple zones so as to absorb the energy of a collision.

• Like 1