Buying the new iPad tomorrow! Need advice on best apps, practices etc.

Update: Not getting my iPad today also! AAARRRRGHHHH!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I have anyway put additional pressure on them saying I have to gift it to someone over the weekend. Let's see how long they take. Definitely not tomorrow as there is a nationwide strike on. :(

here is a quick list of the tweaks running on my ipad2, that i can't live without.

Alwaysarrange (lets you move the icons around without having to hold down to go into wiggle mode)

Applocker (I use this to block access to some things for my kids, it can basically password any folder or icon)

Activator (no brainer, its a requirment and adds alot of functionality for gestures)

Winterboard (allow for custom themes)

Black Ups Darkness Ipad (Custom theme, one of the best for ipad)

Doubleat ( allows you to set an email address in the settings, that will auto type when you press @ twice. awesome tweak for when you have to sign into email, facebook etc)

iFile (obviously it's a file explorer)

IkeyWi for ipad (AMAZING.. can't live without it. Adds a customizable 5th row to your keyboard. I add keys for .ca .com .net etc..)

iSHSHit (easy way to backup your shsh blob, which you may need for a restore or a downgrade at some point. Cydia backs these up automatically, but it's nice to email yourself a copy too)

multiiconmover (name says it all, allows you to move multiple icons at once)

Quasar (multitasking app, allows you to adjust app size so you can have multiple apps running in front of you )

Scrollingboard (allows for unlimited apps in folder (default is like 20, then you have to make a new folder) and also allows for a scrolling dock, which is awesome)

SBSettings (allows quick access to toggle just about anything off and on and reboot the device)

Software Update Killer (obviously blocks the phone from showing updates which will remove your jailbreak)

Springtomize (too many features to name, you really have to explore this app, it does just about everything you can think of as far as customization goes)

Swipeselection (you'll have to youtube this one, it's hard to explain, but allows for easy highlighting characters in notes)

Xbackup (easily backup all your cydia sources and tweaks)

I have more recommendations, but they are for a pm :p Send me a message if you need help.

most of your cydia cost money i wouldnt spend a dime in there.. just cut the rope angry birds and cydia.hackulo.us and download the rest

most of your cydia cost money i wouldnt spend a dime in there.. just cut the rope angry birds and cydia.hackulo.us and download the rest

Thanks for taking the time to post your valuable opinion. But we are not thieves.

Latest update: I have now placed the order for my iPad at the flagship store over here. But they will also take a minimum of 20 days to get it as there seems to be an acute shortage of units, especially of the WiFi only model. :( And I do not want to spend the equivalent of $165 extra on the WiFi + 4G model, as I am almost always in range of WiFi networks. For the few times that I would need access on the move, I can just tether with my phone. :)

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY GOT MY NEW iPAD!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :D :D :D

Just jailbroken! Scouring the App Store and Cydia!! :D

Welcome to the club champ :)

I jailbreak only to install display recorder on my iPad otherwise I dont find it worth the bother at all. Remember there are tons of free apps & you can get some really nice ones if you snoop around properly.

FINALLY GOT MY NEW iPAD!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :D :D :D

Just jailbroken! Scouring the App Store and Cydia!! :D

Appsticker + Appsgonefree. :)

Appsticker + Appsgonefree. :)

Already have Appsgonefree, will check out Appsticker! :D

Thanks! :)

I have seen many screenshots of jailbroken iOS devices where the icons are not arranged in the default iOS grid rule. Any idea which Cydia tweak(s) I would need for this?

I used to keep my 3GS Jailbroken all the time.. but when I got my 4S.. I just didn't bother.. there was almost nothing I did that made it worth the trouble.. Most of the issues I used to have with iOS have since been resolved in the newer versions since my original 3GS..

But given it's your first device, I'm sure you'll have fun for a few versions :) Then maybe join us in the vanilla iOS world lol

I have seen many screenshots of jailbroken iOS devices where the icons are not arranged in the default iOS grid rule. Any idea which Cydia tweak(s) I would need for this?

Anyone?

Never mind, I got it, it's called GridLock. :)

Just remember, Microsoft is just getting into the "tablet" game. Apple has already had experience in this "game" as they were like the "inventors" but for Microsoft, they're doing not too bad.

Which is irrelevant for anyone wanting a good tablet now.

• Like 1

Which is irrelevant for anyone wanting a good tablet now.

+1