Photo

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 +Odom

Odom

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:11

Another problem I had with avast was that it would use loads of cpu when i'm running programs, which slowed my computer down. I haven't had that problem so far with Avira.

Wow, compared to our Sophos:

Posted Image

Edit: screenshot wasn't showing

Edited by Odom, 16 October 2012 - 08:00.

#32 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:26

I am going to quote myself from this thread:

After using ESET NOD32 for over four years, I finally found another product that I like a bit more. Avira Antivirus Premium 2013. In the past three or four days during my spare time, I have tested the newest versions of the most popular antivirus products including NOD32, Kaspersky, BitDefender, Avast!, AVG, Comodo, Avira, MSE, Norton, Avira, and Webroot SecureAnywhere. I did not plan on posting very specific test results, but I can probably separate them into a few categories for you. Among the worst are AVG, MSE, and Webroot. They had a combination of false positives and missed some hardcore malware. Honorable products include NOD32, Norton (holy hell, never thought I would say that...but they have improved dramatically), and BitDefender. The best results were from Avira, Kaspersky, and Comodo.

Funny, Avira doesn't mention that it has zero-day prevention, yet it blocked more than any other product. That is what impressed me the most. Comodo and Kaspersky were very close in quality to Avira, but I could not get over the ugly interface of both. Also, they included many features that I just will not use, so that is more RAM usage for no reason. Avira idles around 45-50 MB which is not the best, but I figured all around it was the most solid product and best fit for me. People will disagree with me, I'm sure. I recommend anyone in the market to renew their antivirus or perhaps get a new one should do the product testing themselves. It is kind of fun, not sure why! My girlfriend wondered how I could spend so much time doing something so "boring".

So yes, I did my own testing. I recommend everyone do this if you have the time. So far, I am absolutely loving Avira.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!