Photo

iTunes doesn't want to back up my phone...

backup error itunes iphone phone 4s ios 5 ios not jailbroken

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flashlite

Flashlite

Neowinian

Posted 25 May 2012 - 20:26

So, one time I've got terrible networking and I've backed my phone up. It was horribly slow and I thought it was because of internet. I canceled to no avail, now I've unplugged the phone. I know that was stupid :$. Then I tried again when I've had adequate wi-fi access, but then it just banged me with an error that simply read: iTunes could not back up the iPhone "[owner]'s iPhone" and I thought, "Just let me solve that... :dontgetit: " I've searched far and wide to no avail, I tried almost everything (other than the lockdown folder thingy and factory restoration), only frustrating myself :argh:. So I got my butt stuck inside this unsolvable wi-fi problem (the one with the wrong password), the unsolvable backup problem AND the can't-enable-restrictions problem. What should I do? I even reset settings, but nothing made me happy. I originally had a sync problem TOO that is fixed now , but I still can't back up.

Thanks in advance,

Flashlite :x

I have an iPhone 4S with 16 gigs running iOS 5.1.1 that is not jailbroken and I use iTunes 10.6.1 on a MacBook Pro running OS X Lion.

#2 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 May 2012 - 20:34

Can you do an iCloud backup? If so, do that and reset the phone and restore from the iCloud backup. iCloud backups IMO are much easier to work with then iTunes backups.

#3 OP Flashlite

Flashlite

Neowinian

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:27

I have a devilish wi-fi problem that tells me I entered a wrong password no matter if it's right or not. I tried iCloud myself.

#4 OP Flashlite

Flashlite

Neowinian

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:31

Sorry for the double post, but the full message reads: iTunes could not backup the iPhone "[owner]'s iPhone" because an error occurred." No error code or anything.

#5 OP Flashlite

Flashlite

Neowinian

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:58

Argh, when will someone REPLY? This is so URGENT! :angry: (I know, triple post.)

Edited by Flashlite, 26 May 2012 - 11:58.

#6 Major General

Major General

The General

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 19 June 2012 - 21:26

turn off your phone and reboot your computer, turn them both back on and make sure itunes is up to date then try backing up again

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!