Any home router that supports VPN?

I have subscribed to a VPN provider and everything is working fine with me (connecting to the vpn have never been simpler). But since i have multiple internet devices in my home staring from handheld to workstation I was wandering if there is any router that is confirigable to connect to the VPN once it starts so everyone in the network can enjoy the luxary of freedom!

Instead of that, just check whether the router you want is supported by DD-WRT, flash that and boom, you will have VPN support, among a host of other features not found on home routers. :)

What do you hope to gain by pushing all of your traffic through the VPN? As there will be an impact to your network performance due to the VPN overhead.

As, for instance, you could gain a great deal of anonymity by using DNS severs other than your ISP assigned DNS servers. Although your ISP would still be able to look at a raw packet and determine which IP address you were connecting to they wouldn't be able to determine exactly what site you were accessing (if the site was requested using HTTPS, otherwise they could inspect the packet payload for more detailed information)...

To shorten my message as it was starting to get overly technical, you'll leave some traces of your activity online. The question is how much is enough. I'm not sure a third party VPN for all of your traffic is a major benefit. It would seem better to push selective traffic through the VPN due to the overhead and complexity costs that come with the VPN.

"As there will be an impact to your network performance due to the VPN overhead."

^My thoughts exactly!

I'm not quite getting this statement

"so everyone in the network can enjoy the luxary of freedom!"

Freedom of what exactly? Are you in some country that filters your internet? Are you that worried about your ISP watching your traffic? Do you trust your new VPN provider so much that your willing to filter all your traffic through them?

A VPN has its place sure -- but to be honest, its not really going to do much for the overall performance. Not sure why anyone would want to route all traffic through it. Why do you need to hide SSL traffic from your ISP? All your ISP can see with this sort of traffic the endpoint your connected too.

For what it's worth I prefer Tomato over DD-WRT on supported devices (most ASUS and Cisco routers - Broadcom chipsets.)