Earlier this week after installing a delta OS X upgrade from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4 I encountered multiple issues that I've never come across before.
The issues I came across included:
- Time Machine causing system instability every few minutes (unstable disk activity), even when System Preferences indicated Time Machine was turned off. Initially I thought I resolved this by removing the plist file, however this was only temporary fix and the issue would reoccur after a reboot.
- System instability (kernel panics, application crashes which did not occur prior to the OS X update)
I have done almost everything I can think of to resolve these issues including:
- Disk verification/repair and repair permissions (more than once) from the recovery console
- Disconnected external hard drives and unmounted network drives
- Termination of all user processes in the background, removal of non-essential login items
- Execution of all maintenance scripts via Onyx
- Reinstalled OS X Lion from recovery console over Internet (replacing existing installation only/not fresh install). The recovery resulted in an installation of 10.7.4.
After the above steps I am still experiencing system instability every ten/fifteen minutes with only Firefox running in the foreground (few add-ons, all plugins disabled).
Are there any Mac gurus here than can check the above troubleshooting steps and let me know if I have missed/overlooked something?
Anyone else going through the same issues?