CyanogenMod reaches 2 million installs milestone

cm9-nightly-540x352thumb_.jpg

It?s crazy when you think about how many different versions of Android are floating around. Or how many different ports and ROM?s have been released by the hundreds of developers and fans. Today however we are talking about the best of the best, CyanogenMod. The extremely popular CyanogenMod has been installed on over 2 million devices to date, doubling their numbers in the past few months.

cm9-nightly-540x352.jpg

That is a milestone not to be taken lightly. CyanogenMod has been installed on over 2 million smartphones and tablets, and that is just since they?ve been counting. You can see for yourself at the official CM stat tracker. It breaks down installs by Android version, devices and more. The Bravo and Galaxy S II are rocking hard, and nightly builds seem to take up most of the numbers.

Screen-Shot-2012-05-28-at-11.02.32-AM.png

According to Android Police CM reached the 1 million mark back in January, just a few months ago. Now today they?ve passed the 2 million mark and have nearly doubled their numbers in just 3 short months. A large amount of that growth is indeed contributed to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. With the slow upgrade and adoption rate by manufacturers (mainly you Moto) developer ROM?s such as CyanogenMod 9 can flourish and bring new life into peoples smartphones. Between the unofficial CM9 (KANG) community, and ICS it?s safe to say CM is on the way for 2.5 or 3 million soon.

With over 300 million Android devices around the world CyanogenMod has some rather tiny numbers, but when compared to the rest of the modding community they are well ahead of the pack. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Hopefully Android 5.0 Jelly Bean will get them past the 3 million mark and beyond. Keep up the great work guys!

http://androidcommunity.com/cyanogenmod-reaches-2-million-installs-milestone-20120528/

Yup, GS2 here on CM9 and is awesome ... though people have to admit, rooting your device and losing all manufacturer warranty is not for the light hearted. Average user cannot do it and constant updates and monitoring is needed.

If you are savvy you will bask in options and hurting pleasure, otherwise stick to the stock rom and marvel at what you bought.

CM9 definitely rules. I've had it on my Galaxy Nexus since the first official nightly became available and flash the new nightlies daily.

I'm surprised the number isn't higher really, a lot of people use CM.

I'm surprised the number isn't higher really, a lot of people use CM.

cyanogenmod stat is an opt in feature so the numbers should be higher than this.

I disabled the stat when i installed cyanogenmod.

cyanogenmod stat is an opt in feature so the numbers should be higher than this.

I disabled the stat when i installed cyanogenmod.

Although I no longer have a smartphone I always left that enabled. I figure crash logs help developers.

I installed CM9 on my Xperia S last night just to see how it is coming along. The thing runs SO smoothly I cannot wait for them to get it working fully. Currently they cannot start the radio so has no calls/data/wifi.

I do like CyanogenMod but on XDA-Developers there are a lot of better ROMs (at least for the HTC Desire S). I would like to see how many people have installed custom ROM's on their Android devices.

I do like CyanogenMod but on XDA-Developers there are a lot of better ROMs (at least for the HTC Desire S). I would like to see how many people have installed custom ROM's on their Android devices.

I installed one on every Android device I ever owned, and if I ever get another Android phone I will do so again. The freedom that custom ROMs give you is worth the risk in my opinion.

CM7 on my GT540 is awesome (millions times better than what LG shipped which was actually Android 1.6 later upgraded to 2.1). If only it had a capacitive touch screen, it would be the best sub ?100 Android phone out there.

Though I'm too scared to unlock my Atrix. The dock I bought for it has stopped working in the past few days - I don't know if its the dock or phone :s

there isnt any as far as i know but here is what neowin members have installed.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1073761-whats-your-smartphone-and-what-rom-are-you-using/

CM9 definitely rules. I've had it on my Galaxy Nexus since the first official nightly became available and flash the new nightlies daily.

How stable is it? I used CM a lot when I had the original myTouch on T-Mobile. But after I got the Vibrant, it seemed CM wasnt as stable with their builds so I have not used CM in a while. Using AOKP currently on my GNEX right now.

there isnt any as far as i know but here is what neowin members have installed.

http://www.neowin.ne...-are-you-using/

Yes, but if you just look here just at one device you can see just how many different ROM's there are to choose from. That website has a huge selection of Android devices and there are communities for each one and it really is amazing.

@Javik: Same here, stock Android just seems so limiting when you compare it to what you can do with an Android device with Superuser access.

How stable is it? I used CM a lot when I had the original myTouch on T-Mobile. But after I got the Vibrant, it seemed CM wasnt as stable with their builds so I have not used CM in a while. Using AOKP currently on my GNEX right now.

It's surprisingly very stable. I have not had a problem with any of the nightly builds. Runs about the same as the stock firmware did but has more customization options. The profiles and the lockscreen customizations are really cool. I haven't tried AOKP but from what I read AOKP currently has more features than CM9 has.

So happy that us Sensation/Pyramid users finally got CM9 nightlys. Even though we have some slight issues (audio routing, slow USB transfer, etc) its good enough for daily. Not using CM9 but I do switch roms often and use it for a day or two, and it's pretty damn good.