Updates for Google Play Store - how to access?

Hi guys, I'm a new android user and still getting used to it - have a Samsung Galaxy Note

I open my Google Play Store and I get a small notification that comes and goes that says UPDATES AVAIBABLE ... I'm guessing for some of my apps, much like the app store on iphone - the only thing is, I don't see anything anywhere where I can see what updates are available and for what app

Anyone know how to access this?

you need to click(touch) on "updates" notification when it appears 1st time, but in case you missed it, go to play store and it will show you the updates, or you can goto MyApp from within the setting options in Play Store.

does anyone know if a generic brand ANDROID 4.0 tablet get frequent updates whenever a news version of ice cream sandwich gets released? saw a $69 7' tablet and im thinking about buying into it

does anyone know if a generic brand ANDROID 4.0 tablet get frequent updates whenever a news version of ice cream sandwich gets released? saw a $69 7' tablet and im thinking about buying into it

I don't think so,

I heard that, Google is thinking about Vanilla Nexus Tablet just like Nexus phones, so if you wait for it, then without a doubt it will get all the updates.

It's the manufactures responsablity to push the update. The other way would be, if available, to root the device and install a custom ROM.

It's the manufactures responsablity to push the update. The other way would be, if available, to root the device and install a custom ROM.

youre right - there's a surprisingly amount of people that love to release custom ROMs for cheap tablets. if you want to buy a sub-$100 tablet, do your homework and see if there's a custom ROM [community] first.

All tablets aside Asus' and Sony (even though they only have one proper one) are horrible and really slow when it comes to updates. Especially really cheap ones from brands nobody has ever heard of before. Before you get it, make sure to check XDA if there is a proper custom ROM community for it or don't get it at all. XDA link to the tablet forums: http://forum.xda-developers.com/filter.php?cat=Tablet

A 7 foot tablet? Where?! :p