Fringe (Season 5)

The show has always been on the multiverse bandwagon, the whole idea behind the machine itself was to manipulate them.

One big problem with the final for me was that if the Observers never existed then who pulled Walter and Peter from the lake after Walter took Peter from the other side when he was a child. It was September who saved them so now that he is gone so should Peter and Walter.

One big problem with the final for me was that if the Observers never existed then who pulled Walter and Peter from the lake after Walter took Peter from the other side when he was a child. It was September who saved them so now that he is gone so should Peter and Walter.

Peter would never have needed saving because the observer would never have distracted Walternate from seeing the cure.

Anyway, FINALLY a something by JJ Abrams that has a good ending! :D

Peter would never have needed saving because the observer would never have distracted Walternate from seeing the cure.

Anyway, FINALLY a something by JJ Abrams that has a good ending! :D

True but then he wouldn't be on our side he would still be in his own universe.

Peter was from another timeline and bled into this one. In this timeline red Peter could be alive in his universe.

I'm confused as to why Walter disappeared from 2015 though.

Delete

Just what I was going to say. Clearly the ending showed "our" Peter and Olivia.

Just watched this, and... damn, so emotional. The best (worst?) part was when Walter and Astrid were talking and he was just like: "That's a lovely name." Made me tear right up. :cry:

I think the ONLY thing I might've changed is at the very end, having the Fringe team remember everything that'd happened. That just might've been a little hard to explain, story-wise.

Fitting end I thought. It was always a love/hate relationship between myself and the show but in the end I feel they did good things with it. Definitely not disappointed with the ending :)

I would have liked to have seen what effect Walter and Michael had on the future but I understand why they didn't. I was crying like a baby when September got shot and Walter had to go through anyway.

Really loved this show, there have been hits and misses but there has been more hits for me and John Noble just made the show.

Loved the ending, shame we didn't see Windmark die, only got to see his blood spatter before he disappeared.

Disappointed with the finale. I feel like there's so many plot holes it's not even worth talking about! I've found the last couple of seasons a struggle to watch. Oh well, at least it got an ending!

If they tried to explain everything they'd just end up making it all too complicated for everyone. Some things we'll just have to take as is and some other things we can try to explain ourselves.

The fact Walter vanished is because as he said the universe hates paradoxes. Since he went into the future to stop the invasion from happening then in order to not have a paradox from going on hi vanishes from that timeline/universe. As far as that goes I think it fits. Now the whole thing with Peter is that, as has been said he's not really in his original timeline. The one we are at by the end of the show is not the one where September saves him and Walter in the lake. That timeline was lost once Peter used the machine. All in all I don't see any plot holes with the ending as long as you remember that at the end we're in a altogether different timeline.

One last thing, older red head Olivia is still hawt.

Such an emotional finale. I shed manly tears every 5 minutes or so.. :cry:

I really didn't have any emotional connection with the finale. And that's not because I don't get emotional, as I bawled my eyes out during Les Mis?rables. I think it's because Fringe became a bit too formulaic and I just didn't believe in the characters by the end of it. The series went downhill during Season 3 and because incredibly convoluted. While the final season had its moments I really don't think they could have carried it on any further.

It's quite similar to what happened to Battlestar Galactica, actually. The first two seasons were really strong but then the show started to get bogged down in dull plots and ever more unbelievable storylines. There were still good episodes every now and then that reminded you why you still watched it but not enough to get you to really engage.

I enjoyed the finale but it didn't have the magic or intrigue of the earlier seasons.

I think the natural ending for the show would have been end of Season 4 (without the stupid flashes to the future). Obviously would have left a lot of questions about why the observers were ever involved in the first place, but would have been better than this.

I've only just seen that Season 5 was planned to have 13 episodes (to end on 100), the way it played out. I felt like it started off SO slow, and was kind of going nowhere until all of a sudden it was nearing towards the finale and it was all over. It felt as if the series started and fox told them, "this is $h27, wrap it up and get it over with".

I've only just seen that Season 5 was planned to have 13 episodes (to end on 100), the way it played out. I felt like it started off SO slow, and was kind of going nowhere until all of a sudden it was nearing towards the finale and it was all over. It felt as if the series started and fox told them, "this is $h27, wrap it up and get it over with".

The show was basically scrapped because of low ratings and expensive production costs but rather than take it to another network - which was actually considered - they managed to agree upon a half-season to allow it to wrap up properly. To be fair, they're very lucky to have got that.

The final season didn't really go anywhere and the future setting - which was about the only interesting part - was barely touched up. It was nice for the observers and their implants to be explained, especially with the Peter sub-plot, but too much time was wasted on unimportant themes, like the dull 'find another tape' malarkey. And the finale brought back characters and settings - like the alternative universe - that had barely been touched upon.

It was also implausible that the future of the genetics of the human race rested upon the boy that couldn't talk or communicate in any meaningful way.

It had a great ending. I didn't get emotional but one scene had an effect on me. It was the scene where Olivia was tossed through the air by Windmark. She looked at the ground and saw her bullet necklace (the same one that belonged to Etta).

I was hoping they'd show Walter and Michael in 2167 but I guess it wasn't really necessary.

It was a good ending but since they were going to use the time thing, I was hoping they were going to have every version of Walter teaming together, like Walternate and Walter from the 60's as well as the modern day equivalents and they could've phased through the seasons and had them showing up at key moments during the previous episodes to change events.

bsolutely loved all the observers getting all the various effects they had discovered though and I admit I too had a lump in my throat when Walter said "It's a lovely name...Astrid".

Also keeping everyone alive leaves a movie version, if it ever happened, wide open.

It was also implausible that the future of the genetics of the human race rested upon the boy that couldn't talk or communicate in any meaningful way.

Um, thats why Walter went through with him?

Um, thats why Walter went through with him?

Yes, but it still doesn't make any sense. Why would you want the entire human species to become mute recluses that can't interact with others?

He wasn't created, he was a mutated anomaly that showed that you could have emotions AND intelligence instead of Intelligence at the cost of emotions. Taking him to the scientists that made that discovery means they would have been able to figure out how to guide human evolution in that direction without making the clones mute.