Apple's WWDC 2012 event

The new maps app is nice, however I expect it to be extremely limited if you are not in a MAJOR city. Especially with the flyout option, i fully expect this to only be available in majory cities. Also, i would love to have siri on my ipad 2, but although he mentioned ipad 2 will get the ios6 update, he did say earlier that siri will be available for the first time on "the new ipad". So i'm guessing they are gonna limit the ipad 2 which blows. Alot of new exciting things, but alot of annoyances aswell.

That new MacBook Pro :o

I hope they update the 17" in that form factor in the next few months. Traditionally the 15" has always come first with the 17" model lagging behind a few months. My wallet is about to get a lot lighter.

While I do like a lot of things a about iOS, I think it's a rip that the iPad 1st Gen is being left out. It's only had 1 Main iOS update, that's a crock of crap

It shipped with 3.2 so it got 2 major releases

It shipped with 3.2 so it got 2 major releases

Ahh yea, I was thinking it shipped with 4. Still to short of a update cycle IMO.

So now I have a question...

What is the aspect ration on the retina MBP like? Because it seems more boxy then the other MBPs which lead me to suspect its not a 16:9 or 16:10 resolution screen? Can anyone crank out the math and see?

--edit--

So I am getting 16:10. Same as 1440 x 900. Crisis resolved!

While I do like a lot of things a about iOS, I think it's a rip that the iPad 1st Gen is being left out. It's only had 1 Main iOS update, that's a crock of crap

Except the iPad first generation came with iOS 3 when it hit the market. So it did in fact get two major new releases...

Apple Developer Portal Down for Maintanance!

What is the aspect ration on the retina MBP like? Because it seems more boxy then the other MBPs which lead me to suspect its not a 16:9 or 16:10 resolution screen? Can anyone crank out the math and see?

8:5.

16:10

You just need to do 2880 divided by 1800.

--edit--

So I am getting 16:10. Same as 1440 x 900. Crisis resolved!

It's 16:10 :p

Except the iPad first generation came with iOS 3 when it hit the market. So it did in fact get two major new releases...

So is reading on your part ? where I was corrected and admitted to thinking it came with iOS4 about 4 posts down from mine

I think I'll have to pass on iOS 6 for my iPad 2. Looks kind of pointless.

Until of course it's jailbroken and everything, then I guess I'll upgrade. Seems like a waste of a major version number for Siri to have a few new features and dump Google Maps.

Hope it's not a 1:1 conversion from $ to ? for the new next generation MBP.

Thought it was a pretty decent WWDC.

?1,799 for the base model, so no, fortunately not.

So is reading on your part ? where I was corrected and admitted to thinking it came with iOS4 about 4 posts down from mine

Ever stopped to think adding the post took some time because the server acted up?