Apple's WWDC 2012 event

It might be unlikely, but I do hope they'll announce a new Mac Mini! A Server model with Ivy Bridge would be sweet.

I dont see why they wouldn't announce a new Mac Mini. Ivy Bridge is out now. No point in being left behind! I really want a Mac Mini so i'm hoping they update it to Ivy Bridge :D

While they?re at showing iOS 6, why not show the "new iPhone" as well ? (because this is how it?ll be called)

AND RELEASE IT RIGHT AWAY ?

My 3GS cannot wait to be given.

While they?re at showing iOS 6, why not show the "new iPhone" as well ? (because this is how it?ll be called)

AND RELEASE IT RIGHT AWAY ?

My 3GS cannot wait to be given.

WIth all previous iPhone updates, iOS has first been previewed publically to give developers time to get their apps ready and beta test thew new OS. Then the new iPhone and new iOS are released at the same time several months later.

Since iOS 6 wasn't previewed in March or April, it looks like it won't be released until Fall this year. Same would go for the new iPhone.

I know >:-(

But it always depends on what?s new in iOS really.

If it?s just Maps, Facebook integration, a new silver interface, Siri and Siri APIs, I don?t think it?ll be in beta for 4-5 months.

I know >:-(

But it always depends on what?s new in iOS really.

If it?s just Maps, Facebook integration, a new silver interface, Siri and Siri APIs, I don?t think it?ll be in beta for 4-5 months.

It's more about the developers getting their applications to work correctly, if it doesn't work already. But the point is, that they need to give developers time for this. However, selected developers can also be invited onto the Apple Campus and they asked to upgrade their applications.

Does anyone remember the time they usually post the video? I'm thinking of waiting to read anything and just download the video and watch it spoiler free. But if I have to wait several hours, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. I won't even be able to online until then :/

Does anyone remember the time they usually post the video? I'm thinking of waiting to read anything and just download the video and watch it spoiler free. But if I have to wait several hours, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. I won't even be able to online until then :/

As I recall it's been getting quicker lately. According to this post the iPad 3 video was available a half hour after it was over:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/video-of-apples-ipad-media-event-now-available/

That video might be fake, but I do like the idea of an "iStore" that combines the App Store and the iTunes app. As well as the multi-tasking bar being positioned properly in landscape mode.

As well as the multi-tasking bar being positioned properly in landscape mode.

Odd that it doesn't do that on the iPhone because it does on the iPad. :/

Do you guys know which blog/tweeter I can follow for the show? Since it's not livestreamed, I really want to check out the Macbook and it's new features.

Do you guys know which blog/tweeter I can follow for the show? Since it's not livestreamed, I really want to check out the Macbook and it's new features.

Take a look at the first post of this topic. ;)

engadget.com, macrumors.com and arstechnica.com for example.

Take a look at the first post of this topic. ;)

oh right, but what's up with the watch keynote thing? I know it's not up yet, but I thought it wasn't going to be broadcasted?

oh right, but what's up with the watch keynote thing? I know it's not up yet, but I thought it wasn't going to be broadcasted?

It's not. You can watch the keynote there later on.

I have to agree that after so many revisions of iOS, there?s still a lot of work to do on the landscape mode.

Too bad I won?t be able to watch or follow the Keynote live. Now that I have finished University and got a job, following keynotes live are a thing of the past :( That being said, I?ll still be on my laptop (Windows 7, eeeek?) at work, I might fall accidentally on MacRumors a few times.

Safari 6 will be unveiled at the Keynote, and a download will be available after the Keynote. Safari 5.2, the version that I am running in consumer preview, will apparently be thrown in the garbage. So Apple hasn?t upgraded Safari?s major version number since the last two years. Should we expect big changes in this version ? At this point, they have introduced WebKit 2 along with turbo-fast Javascript and CSS3, I?m wondering what they can add.

Obviously, iOS 6 will also be downloadable after the Keynote, but this one is reserved to developers only.

Safari 6 will be unveiled at the Keynote, and a download will be available after the Keynote. Safari 5.2, the version that I am running in consumer preview, will apparently be thrown in the garbage. So Apple hasn?t upgraded Safari?s major version number since the last two years. Should we expect big changes in this version ? At this point, they have introduced WebKit 2 along with turbo-fast Javascript and CSS3, I?m wondering what they can add.

Obviously, iOS 6 will also be downloadable after the Keynote, but this one is reserved to developers only.

Any particular source for the fact that Safari 6 will be shown?