Apple's WWDC 2012 event

Oh well, unless they're rolling out something magical I don't see a reason for upgrading my Mac Pro.

After all I got it for free :>

Still waiting for Apple to allow merging Apple ID's. :/

To be honest, I was thinking about it, but they should have done it since so much time now that I?ve given up completely.

It doesn?t make sense that I need to use my hotmail address, because it has been disabled a long time ago by now. I can?t log in my Live Services anymore. I have managed to change my email address successfully EVERYWHERE, but Apple. I don?t really want to use my new iCloud email address because I will lose all my purchases in my other account ?

It would make sense to say it in a dev conference though I guess. Devs are the kind of people with over 7 IDs sometimes. Come on, Tim Cook, just mention it clearly in a sentence that Apple IDs can be merged.

• Like 1

When viewing movies 4K is pretty much pointless. Especially on a 27-inch iMac, so yeah you would require a MUCH bigger screen. Your eyes won't be able to tell a differences at a distance compared to full HD:

For movies I agree but for regular computing where your head is 1-2 feet away from the monitor it would make a huge difference. I've turned on HiDPI for a minute (unfortunately it's unusable at the low resolution of my MBA) and it looks really really good

For movies I agree but for regular computing where your head is 1-2 feet away from the monitor it would make a huge difference. I've turned on HiDPI for a minute (unfortunately it's unusable at the low resolution of my MBA) and it looks really really good

I guess, it all depends on the content you're viewing. While interface elements and text look amazing on my iPad, most pictures and videos look like utter crap. It won't be any different on a Mac with retina screen. Unless OS X Mountain Lion is ready for release I have my doubts we'll see any retina screens in Macs though.

Do you guys know if there will be a livestream of the show?

There hasn't been a livestream for an Apple event in so long, I doubt there will be this time. I wish there was, but doubtful.

I'm going to be watching Twit.tv Live. Their going to have live commentary from some tech journalist if I'm not mistaken.

You never know with Tim Cook being at the helm. If not, I'll be reading The Verge's liveblog for WWDC.

full-mac-price-list-ai-sucks.png?w=657.

Above represents the full pricing matrix for new devices expected to be unveiled in a few days at WWDC. You?ll notice the Mac Pros, Retina MacBook Pros, MacBook Airs and iMacs that we?ve discussed before at length.

We have more notes on the unlabeled parts below ? including the newly identified RAM update:

- Standalone kits are probably iPod shuffles as the PD code represents personalization (which is engraving).

- K5BPLUS BETTER = Entry Mac Pro

- K5BPLUS ULTIMATE = Server Mac Pro

- and K5BPLUS BEST = Higher End Mac Pro

- $12.00 accessory most likely a new iPod Shuffle connector

- $99 MD564ZM/A would likely be a new (USB3?)Super Drive

- The $35 adapter would be a new (USB 3.0 Gigabit?) Ethernet adapter

iOS6! With a complete graphical make over, Apple Maps (iMaps), Widgets, a better notification center, ability to hide default apps, facebook intigration (meh...), and siri for other devices!!

iOS6! With a complete graphical make over, Apple Maps (iMaps), Widgets, a better notification center, ability to hide default apps, facebook intigration (meh...), and siri for other devices!!

I don't think we'll see that
  • Like 2

lol maybe a silver interface, but that would be all

I wonder if Siri will now be backported to older devices with iOS 6 support, now that Apple know how much Siri traffic they get at their iCloud/server farm with the 4S.

I wonder if Siri will now be backported to older devices with iOS 6 support, now that Apple know how much Siri traffic they get at their iCloud/server farm with the 4S.

According to rumors iOS 6 will bring Siri to the iPad. No word on whether it's just limited to the new iPad or other models/devices as well. I kinda wonder if Apple will finally support more languages and improved the service.

I don't think we'll see that

Me neither. While at this point OS X' Aqua has seen a complete overhaul the interface it's still recognizable compared to OS X Cheetah. I believe Apple will choose the same path for iOS: incremental refinements with every release.

IIRC I read on 9to5Mac that iOS 6 will get the silver UI used by the iPhoto/WWDC apps currently on iOS, which I don't mind to be honest.

IIRC I read on 9to5Mac that iOS 6 will get the silver UI used by the iPhoto/WWDC apps currently on iOS, which I don't mind to be honest.

On the iPad pretty much all apps that don't mimic real life stuff are already silver, so over there it wouldn't be much of a change. :laugh: What I meant was (and I think Rudy as well) we probably won't see something radically different compared to what we have today.

What I meant was (and I think Rudy as well) we probably won't see something radically different compared to what we have today.

I'm not expecting a dramatic change in the UI either. Only a subtle change to make iOS looked unified across devices, if anything :)

I'm not expecting a dramatic change in the UI either. Only a subtle change to make iOS looked unified across devices, if anything :)

Speaking of making things look unified:

• Like 1