Salty watermelon Pepsi is an actual thing

Did you just say salt , on chocolate...

Yes, I did. Watch the Good Eats episode about salt. You can find it on YouTube. Several companies in the US sell chocolate bars with salt either in them or on them, and it is supposedly pretty common in Europe as well (not just on chocolate, but other candies as well). Salt interacts with your taste buds in a way that enhances the sweet flavor of foods.

https://www.google.com/search?aq=1&oq=sea+salt+cho&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=sea+salt+chocolate

• Like 1

ummmm i have heard people in other countries like the US do this too.

Yep. Pretty popular where I am from here in the North East as well. I don't think it tastes good though so I never do it. I just wish I could find seeded watermelons more often. That brings out the flavor...

I dont know how the pepsi will taste like, but we sprinkle "homemade salt ( it is made by mixing many spices and salt ) " on watermelon and it tastes yummy.

"Salty Watermelon" is capitalizing on a bizarre trend in Japan where people are known to sprinkle salt on watermelon to bring out the taste.

my mom salts a lot of her fruit - watermelon, melon, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapefruit

I thought only rednecks and black people eat that stuff... but now Asians?! Now I've seen it all.

I thought only rednecks and black people eat that stuff... but now Asians?! Now I've seen it all.

Wow, way to be racist and anti-southern at the same time! And then go on to insult Asians too? Bravo!!

My sister whom works for pepsi brought home some today and i just saw this thread.

To be entirely honest its actually fairly decent there is no salt taste.

It tastes more like a watermelon flavored sprite more then a freaky drink ( but thats the easiest way to descibe the taste).