Help needed.Acer Ferrari 4000

Hello dear Neowinians! I ask for your help in a situation concerning my laptop.I bought an Acer Ferrari 4000 with about 25 dollars (lol) from a friend but it has some problems.

It overheats very hard and after searching different forums I found out that its cooler must be cleaned.Also it has about 1GB of ram and I would like to add more.

The other problem I face is the keyboard wich is out from the platform completely on its left side.The ESC key and a few other keys are in "air".

What should I do?Can I fix the keyboard without replacing it?(They keyboard went out probably from the overheat).Is it worth to add 1GB ram to it?

Its an old laptop but I took it over a price of a T-shirt. :woot: I would also like to add that I intend to use this laptop mainly for browsing/chatting.

Thanks in advance and excuse me for my english.Any help is appreciated!

Well yeah, you most clean the cooler once in a while, and about the ram you could buy 1 Gb if it's not expensive.

Add a GB of RAM (max of 2 GB is all that is supported). Keyboard link below.

http://www.laptop-ke...rrari-4000.html

Get some canned air and clean the cooling fan out. Should be good 2 go after that.

Sorry about that (didn't pay attention to your location). Still should be able to find the parts at a decent price though.

I had a ferrari 5000 I think it was, miss that machine it was a great workhorse. I still kick myself for selling it to get a black macbook.

I'll just clean the FAN and add it some more RAM.Thank you for your attention and replies!I am amazed that its single core Turion along 1GB of RAM runs Windows 7 seamsless.