Help needed please -- Which 7" tablet to buy for

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a fast, reliable, well built 7" tablet that is available in UK for around ?100 GBP or less (hopefully through a dealer like Amazon)?

I would consider @ a second hand one from Amazon. I need the following spec if possible (or as close to) :

• 7" screen with minimum res of 1024x600
  • 3G (if possible)
  • Built in GPs
  • Android 4.0 (or a possible upgrade path to it at least even via CM9 etc)
  • 1GB RAM
  • SD card slot
  • 16GB or above in built memory (would accept 8GB if has SD/SDHC card slot)

I am selling my HP Touchpad with CM9 loaded as I need a more portable tablet device due to more frequent travels abroad and therefore needing a smaller device.

I am looking to buy asap as I need a new device to arrive by 12/06 which is my birthday :)

Any constructive comments / feedback / advice / links to reputable hardware would be dearly appreciated!

Thanks everyone, I know I can count on fellow Neowinians to help out :-)

BR,

WP7.

The only thing in that list that might get hard at that price point is the 1GB RAM.

The only thing in that list that might get hard at that price point is the 1GB RAM.

Please show me a 7" tablet at ~?100 with GPS, 3G + 16Gb, I'd buy it.

I thought the 3G was optional :p That just made it nigh impossible in my opinion. I work in retail and don't really have any knowledge of not A-brand hardware, but I've seen friends with Archos crap and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

The BlackBerry Playbook offers a lot for the price - I had the 64Gb unit, and purchased it for ?249 (the entry-level 16Gb model sells for ?169 brand-new, but they can be picked up cheaply on eBay). The operating system (BlackBerry OS 2.0) multitasks very well, and the video playback application handles DivX, MPEG-4 and WMV all the way up to 1080p (managed to transfer several 1080p Blu-ray rips, and they played back perfectly). The 7" IPS panel is easily the best screen I've seen on any tablet, including the iPad 2!

The only reason I sold mine, is that I wanted to return to a modest gaming laptop.