Reset Mac to Factory State and Delete Personal Data Securely

Heya guys,

so we all know that the next Mac lineup update is right around the corner, but some have bought a Mac and when they showed off their babies they might have been told it wasn't very wise to buy now.

If you are amongst those who now want to return their Mac, here's how you prepare your machine to be factory-esque and your data gone from the drive(s). :)

Let me know what you think, feel free to post comments

, too.

Cheers!

Glassed Silver:mac

• 2 months later...

Resurrection time! Muhahaha!

Zombie thread, but seriously: how do you guys like the video? I got little feedback, but a bunch of views.

I want to do more on Youtube, hence the interest.

Glassed Silver:ios

Not to sound like a dick but it seems like you've gone through a whole lot of trouble for nothing? I could have showed people the same thing with two or three screen shots. Beyond that the above information is already available on the internet.

1344544714[/url]' post='595076247']

Not to sound like a dick but it seems like you've gone through a whole lot of trouble for nothing? I could have showed people the same thing with two or three screen shots. Beyond that the above information is already available on the internet.

Well, it was a quick thing to do and I've seen that what I found on the net missed the secure erase.

So to keep it simple to explain it to a fellow Neowinian via PM I thought ONE VIDEO instead of a mix help feeling more comfortable and guided.

I wasn't into googling much longer so I went ahead, turned out it took only about 20 minutes and was a great time killer.

It's well produced. I'd try to make the instructions more simple, as it really is fairly simple. Maybe do something that is more niche next time?

Definitely, I will.

Also I might rather speak next time and make it therefore iPhone-friendlier (desktop computer being blocked, that's what many will use! :) )

Glassed Silver:ios

Fantastic work Glassed Silver! (Y) While nothing new to me, the guide explains in clear and concise language exactly what to do.