"Like" button moved to bottom.... don't "Like" it!

Looks like crap. Seriously, please change it back to the original.

Only if you remove all those empty lines underneath your signature.

In fact, I'll just hide it.

I find myself on the long posts having to scroll down to find how many people have liked a post before reading it. This is especially the case when I'm in a TL;DR mood.

So therefore, I found it better to be on top right to gather a rough guide to the quality of the post.

• Like 4

It does seem slightly out of place at the bottom, but I think I can get used to it.

If there were a poll though I would vote for it being in the top right where it used to be.

• Like 2

Wasn't the like button previously at the bottom of posts? Then moved to the top... now back at the bottom.

While I think it's more obvious at the bottom, please just stick to one of the two because it's getting rather confusing!

Change the Report button to an icon, like a previous poster mentioned.

Remove the "Top" link, everybody has a home button, which takes you to the top.

Put the Like button at the bottom right.

My thoughts :)

There's a difference between attempting to improve something and "attempting to fix what isn't broken" :) Usually, things aren't broken when companies improve their products; however, they know that the improvements will benefit their users. I'm not going to comment on whether I believe this is an improvement or not (frankly, this change doesn't bother me), but I thought I'd point that out because it's silly when people say "don't fix what isn't broken" in response to companies attempting to improve their offerings.

Well, I'm glad what I said amused you. Perhaps I should have said "change for the sake of change"?

It's like someone woke up one morning and said, "No, the hell with that, I want this over here now." I know I can get into my habits, but I'll welcome change easily if the ends justify the means. For the most part, changes made here on Neowin are always thought out and well done. That's why I'm rather annoyed by this. It makes for more of a messy look, it feels like I'm liking someone's signature instead of their post, and half the time I find myself overlooking it simply because it's in the signature area. :pinch:

• Like 1

It looks worse in my opinion. Also if the browser window isn't large enough, and a good number of people like a post, the names collide with the post management buttons (Report being on the left). Should be more noticeable to staffers given the additional links besides Report, Top, (Multi)Quote.

I just realized it is on the bottom, I thought it totally vanished at first.

It looks out of place now, I liked how it was close to the scrollbar for a quick like here and there.

Side question, why is there always a like button and not a dislike button. Are people afraid of opinions?

• Like 2

I thought I'd get used to it, but I actually dislike it more today than yesterday. I think the problem is that it's on the left side now. On longer posts, this can make it seem like an embedded image and it feels unnatural.

I feel like I'm nitpicking though. If I really dislike it, I'll just block it ... like I did with the member badge. :p

So, disable sigs, therefore no sig links to click

This doesn't actually work. I have signatures disabled but can still see the Like button.

Like everyone else here I'd prefer not to have it sitting where it is. It would also look better if it looked like the Quote/Multiquote buttons and didn't have that awful gradient.

Only if you remove all those empty lines underneath your signature.

In fact, I'll just hide it.

Well it's my sig, not your's. Quit bitchin.

• Like 1

We need to establish a voting system for these kinds of changes. Democracy, baby! :rofl:

Hell yeah!

Can't believe it's still where it is...

Glassed Silver:mac

yup. It needs to be back on the top to look right. I also want the ability to delete your own post just in case you were to double post or someone above you said the same thing. What about a dislike button too?

• Like 2

Yeah I would say move it back as well -- looking to see if I can just use greasemonkey to move it back. If not I am sure can always hide it - but not something want to do, I do like a post now and then ;)

Yeah I would say move it back as well -- looking to see if I can just use greasemonkey to move it back. If not I am sure can always hide it - but not something want to do, I do like a post now and then ;)

please share the script if you fix it!

• Like 3