New Bing homepage released, includes larger photo/video

Got the same..

DctGZ.jpg

Sad thing, it's also gone when I go back to it again.. :(

Yea, I want it back already..

Microsoft teases me with showing one time the new design and then back old design.. they are evil to me.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it been rolled out to the US. Why is yours in a box? Is your screen that big? Mine scales so the image has two slim grey bars at the top and bottom only.

Yep it been rolled out to the US. Why is yours in a box? Is your screen that big? Mine scales so the image has two slim grey bars at the top and bottom only.

I have the same box as the screenshot @ both 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.

I get the same as the OP.

post-128385-0-96076300-1338546915.png

I have the same box as the screenshot @ both 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.

I've got 1680x1050 as well

Indeed, the image is bigger, but on larger screens it still has that border. I like the new look. Honestly Bing's accuracy has been getting pretty good lately.

I do not like the search result layout though. It is hard to tell which are ads and which are results with Bing.

Z5lLj.png

RbGjc.png

Much easier with Google.

Is that a html5 video in the background or a static image?

static (hint: no playback control on the screenshot)

static (hint: no playback control on the screenshot)

It could be an HTML 5 video too. It takes a few seconds for the video to load, and for the playback button to appear. :p

Oh, didn't saw this thread. And it's quite old too! It only started appearing for me just now.

Heh, there were three different threads about the new homepage, including yours :p No worries, though :) This is exciting news, considering the homepage hasn't gone through a huge overhaul before (it looked pretty much the same since Bing's release in 2009).