It's kick ass so far! I'm really enjoying it, and the reviews have been mainly positive. There were some annoying QTE during the tutorial and I haven't seen them since (althogh I have read that they pop-up rarely through the course of the game).

I like how it is really gritty. Lara goes through the ringer in this one, and it shows, and even sounds (great voice effects) it!

Yeah, i read after the first hour the game opens up. I don't think i've got out of that part yet. I'm not far in and just found

Sam with a mean looking guy

. So far i'm not disappointed. I'll have to wait till i finished it i think. If there is a good blend of platforming and action, i'll be happy. If it is too much like Uncharted 3 where platforming almost takes a back seat, then i'll be disappointed.

Yeah, i read after the first hour the game opens up. I don't think i've got out of that part yet. I'm not far in and just found

Sam with a mean looking guy

. So far i'm not disappointed. I'll have to wait till i finished it i think. If there is a good blend of platforming and action, i'll be happy. If it is too much like Uncharted 3 where platforming almost takes a back seat, then i'll be disappointed.

I am waiting on my copy to arrive, but 2 reviews I read said the platforming does indeed take a back seat, and it is actually in optional Tomb sections.

Definitely, Keely Hawes was the best voice for Lara Croft. There's no word on who the voice actress is for this Tomb Raider though, although obviously we know that someone has been cast.

Actually, there's been a lot of word about the voice behind Lara Croft and I'm surprised you've missed it so far. British actress Camilla Luddington (True Blood, Californication) is playing Lara in the latest installment of Tomb Raider. Recently watched her in William & Kate and although the movie was mediocre, she did a good job portraying Kate Middleton.

And she's one helluva a looker, eh? :wub:

camilla.jpg

tom.jpg

Actually, there's been a lot of word about the voice behind Lara Croft and I'm surprised you've missed it so far

I said that back in June. There has certainly been more talk since then. ;)

I am waiting on my copy to arrive, but 2 reviews I read said the platforming does indeed take a back seat, and it is actually in optional Tomb sections.

A back seat to what? Third person fighting?

Are there still any puzzles like the old PS1 versions? I haven't played TR for ten years, but would like a slower paced game in my old age :p

A back seat to what? Third person fighting?

Are there still any puzzles like the old PS1 versions? I haven't played TR for ten years, but would like a slower paced game in my old age :p

Yep, to the "action" gameplay, so yeah, fighting and shooting **** basically. And yep, still puzzles as well they said, same sections I mentioned in my quote. The tombs.

it is still supposed to be a very good game, just more action oriented then the original games is all.

Like the game so far, reminds me of a darker Uncharted. Camilla plays a good Lara.

Story is kinda meh... I really thought the intro would be a playable level not just a CG movie sequence and was disappointed when it was just that.

Yep, to the "action" gameplay, so yeah, fighting and shooting **** basically. And yep, still puzzles as well they said, same sections I mentioned in my quote. The tombs.

it is still supposed to be a very good game, just more action oriented then the original games is all.

I get ya. That's quite a trend these days. Even games like Far Cry 3, where you can do the "boring" quests or ignore them... but I prefer those parts to the shooting :)

Uh oh. Some more QTEs.

If I wanted to mash colored buttons I'd play Guitar Hero. It really breaks immersion from the cutscene because you get focused on the X or Y button and not the storytelling.

I'm still loving the game despite the QTE flaw. Hopfully it will last me until Bioshock Infinite comes out.

Anyone know the best place to get ammo? Do you just have to find/loot it? Maybe I am missing something here.....

Yeah, there also a skill, that can get you ammo when "looting" bodies.

Anyone know the best place to get ammo? Do you just have to find/loot it? Maybe I am missing something here.....

How do you run out of ammo, it's everywhere. You can try going to previous areas, I think some ammo respawns. I'm playing on hard and the game is fairly easy. Half my deaths are for death scenes, the others are from assault rifle enemies or melee with ranged support because I always go mano-a-mano since stuns and executions are awesome.

Biggest disappointment so far is the fact that (minor spoiler)

Lara doesn't stay covered in blood for long after she jumps in a pool. She looks awesome, crimson red from head to toe, but it changes to normal when you open a door after a short area.

I'm quite surprised by how good it is. I went in with an open mind considering all the controversy surrounding the game and so far I have really enjoyed playing it. I've just reached Roth in one of the Temple Gardens and so far the platforming and puzzle solving is still there, though not as easily seen as always. Gotten quite a few skills already so my bow is already upgraded to a certain point.

Scirwode

game looks very interesting and gorgeous, but what's with all the blood? The Tomb Raider i grew up was more PG oriented.

game looks very interesting and gorgeous, but what's with all the blood? The Tomb Raider i grew up was more PG oriented.

...clearly you haven't played one in a while. Although the original was marked T for animated blood and violence.

Just said this in the PC thread but...

Amazing game, loved the story, gameplay, graphics etc... Game of the year for me for sure. Would love to see the movie version of this story.

Played it for 11 hours so far. Never had an issue or crashed even once during with HD 7950.

Yea I played it on an old HD 5850, without one crash.

Just finished it. All I can say is that I'm really impressed with what Crystal Dynamics delivered this time. This game made me change my opinion: I used to worship Assassin's Creed 3 as the best game I've ever played on a current-gen platform; now I got my eyes on this new Tomb Raider.

After hours playing it, you don't feel like it gets boring. It entertains you from beginning to end. And I wouldn't say that the storyline is nothing like WOW -- to me, it is pretty decent and lots of fun. You can see Lara becoming cold and fast-witted as the game goes on.

Ok. I'm holding myself: THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Now I can go to sleep.

Just finished it. All I can say is that I'm really impressed with what Crystal Dynamics delivered this time. This game made me change my opinion: I used to worship Assassin's Creed 3 as the best game I've ever played on a current-gen platform; now I got my eyes on this new Tomb Raider.

After hours playing it, you don't feel like it gets boring. It entertains you from beginning to end. And I wouldn't say that the storyline is nothing like WOW -- to me, it is pretty decent and lots of fun. You can see Lara becoming cold and fast-witted as the game goes on.

Ok. I'm holding myself: THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

Now I can go to sleep.

You were credible until you gave AC3 such high acclaim, when it is highly regarded as the worst in the franchise lol but I cannot wait to play this with all the positive reviews (amateur and professional).