Photo

Tomb Raider (2013)

official action adventure crystal dynamics square enix pc xbox 360 ps3 lara croft

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,745 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:33

Certainly looks interesting but i hope it won't rely too much on QTE's. I still want the old Tomb Raider platforming. Also i notice she kills a Deer, i hope this is because it is open world and you have to kill to animals to survive and not some mission where it says "kill 3 deer".

Shame to hear Keely Hawes won't be returning to voice Lara Croft. I thought she was the best voice actress for Lara Croft. I suppose because it is a younger Lara, they probably want a younger sounding voice.

#17 0nyX

0nyX

Posting from Apple //c

• 1,160 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:35

Uncharted 3.5 :D

#18 caerma

caerma

Neowinian Senior

• 6,495 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:38

Original Croft had bigger assets...

Posted Image

lol

Looks very good. :)

#19 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,599 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:43

Shame to hear Keely Hawes won't be returning to voice Lara Croft. I thought she was the best voice actress for Lara Croft. I suppose because it is a younger Lara, they probably want a younger sounding voice.

Definitely, Keely Hawes was the best voice for Lara Croft. There's no word on who the voice actress is for this Tomb Raider though, although obviously we know that someone has been cast.

#20 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,686 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:39

I see the Uncharted comparisons (and yeah, that's not a bad thing at all, just ironic since people originally called Uncharted a TR clone), but I also see a little bit of survival horror in there, maybe some RE5 or Dead Space?

#21 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,599 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:38

people originally called Uncharted a TR clone

I remember playing the first Uncharted and saying, "so this is Tomb Raider but with a guy as the main character."
I'm not overly sure about your idea for it being a survival horror though. I can't see this having elements of RE5 nor Dead Space. Time - and the game itself - will tell though, I guess.

#22 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,686 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 23:33

I'm not overly sure about your idea for it being a survival horror though. I can't see this having elements of RE5 nor Dead Space. Time - and the game itself - will tell though, I guess.

The trailer at :44 doesn't scream Dead Space to you?

#23 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,686 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 19:46

Oh hai, 360-timed exclusive DLC?

Guess I'll get a used copy.

**** you, Crystal Dynamics / Square.

#24 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,444 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:17

Can someone explain what happened with the old, ''original'' Lara Croft?

Posted Image

This games an origin story, so, freedom to change it up. "new art vision" etc. Was completely uninterested in this game until yesterday.

#25 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

• 13,905 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:44

Certainly looks interesting but i hope it won't rely too much on QTE's. I still want the old Tomb Raider platforming. Also i notice she kills a Deer, i hope this is because it is open world and you have to kill to animals to survive and not some mission where it says "kill 3 deer".

I agree, Keely Hawes was a great voice actress. I'm really unsure to be honest of this approach to Tomb Raider. Part of me looks at this and thinks that it looks cool and all, but it's just not Tomb Raider anymore. There are no tombs, no ancient civilizations, no globe trotting... If they're going to change the property this much, they should have created a new property. Not to mention the brutal kill stab in the trailer shown at E3, the deer hunting, etc. It just isn't Tomb Raider and honestly, I think all her whining is going to get old too.

#26 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:56

It's kick ass so far! I'm really enjoying it, and the reviews have been mainly positive. There were some annoying QTE during the tutorial and I haven't seen them since (althogh I have read that they pop-up rarely through the course of the game).

I like how it is really gritty. Lara goes through the ringer in this one, and it shows, and even sounds (great voice effects) it!

#27 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,745 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:56

Yeah, i read after the first hour the game opens up. I don't think i've got out of that part yet. I'm not far in and just found
Spoiler
. So far i'm not disappointed. I'll have to wait till i finished it i think. If there is a good blend of platforming and action, i'll be happy. If it is too much like Uncharted 3 where platforming almost takes a back seat, then i'll be disappointed.

#28 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,027 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 06 March 2013 - 13:14

Yeah, i read after the first hour the game opens up. I don't think i've got out of that part yet. I'm not far in and just found

Spoiler
. So far i'm not disappointed. I'll have to wait till i finished it i think. If there is a good blend of platforming and action, i'll be happy. If it is too much like Uncharted 3 where platforming almost takes a back seat, then i'll be disappointed.

I am waiting on my copy to arrive, but 2 reviews I read said the platforming does indeed take a back seat, and it is actually in optional Tomb sections.

#29 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

【=◈︿◈=】

• 1,728 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:12

Definitely, Keely Hawes was the best voice for Lara Croft. There's no word on who the voice actress is for this Tomb Raider though, although obviously we know that someone has been cast.

Actually, there's been a lot of word about the voice behind Lara Croft and I'm surprised you've missed it so far. British actress Camilla Luddington (True Blood, Californication) is playing Lara in the latest installment of Tomb Raider. Recently watched her in William & Kate and although the movie was mediocre, she did a good job portraying Kate Middleton.
And she's one helluva a looker, eh? :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:54

Actually, there's been a lot of word about the voice behind Lara Croft and I'm surprised you've missed it so far

I said that back in June. There has certainly been more talk since then. ;)