Photo

Tomb Raider (2013)

official action adventure crystal dynamics square enix pc xbox 360 ps3 lara croft

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#106 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 18:11

I've never really been a fan. They were pretty decent games brought down by awful boss encounters.

The new one I just finished, very impressed.

#107 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,211 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:05

Finally got around to beating this newest Tomb Raider. Know it is early on, but definitely my GOTY thus far. Really, really dug it. Great game, and I like it much more than Bioshock Infinite, hence why I beat it first.

Very much look forward to the next game in this reboot. They did a truly amazing job with it.

My one and only negative, and it is not really a negative more than something I noticed, is I did play it on the PS3, and it ran amazingly well the entire time, especially for the visuals, but the final level there was a noticeable overall slowdown due to everything that was going on. Did not really detract at all from the experience, but it was noticeable. Made me very much think cannot wait for the PS4.

Also I need to say, it has perhaps some of the better audio I have heard in a game in quite some time. Really was phenomenal how good the audio is.

#108 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:18

My one and only negative, and it is not really a negative more than something I noticed, is I did play it on the PS3, and it ran amazingly well the entire time, especially for the visuals, but the final level there was a noticeable overall slowdown due to everything that was going on. Did not really detract at all from the experience, but it was noticeable. Made me very much think cannot wait for the PS4.

Honestly never noticed that, but I was playing the digital version. I did see a comparison vid that said it ran better on 360, but looked better on PS3. But not by much in either aspect.

#109 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

• 1,720 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 20:37

Finally started on it this weekend and while I'm only about 30% through I've been really enjoying it, much more than I had initially anticipated actually. Haven't noticed any slow downs so far yet but can't really say I've been in any hairy situations with tons of explosions or anything (only real ones so far are the cut scene ones using the in-game engine). Definitely glad I picked this up when they had the flash sale going on a few weekends back.

#110 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,768 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 20:49

I was very sceptical of this game. Huge Tomb Raider and was worried they were going in the wrong direction.
Finally played through and finished the game. I was pleasantly surprised. THe whole game was very, very well done. While i would of like more puzzles and platforming in the main game (endgame has a lot of platforming). I found myself really enjoying it. I don't think i enjoyed the whole story that much, i did enjoy seeing Lara becoming "Lara Croft".

I think the extra dev time really helped this game. I didn't hit any insta-deaths or game wrecking bugs like Underworld. Plus they did a really good job on the PC port.

#111 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,211 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:06

Finally started on it this weekend and while I'm only about 30% through I've been really enjoying it, much more than I had initially anticipated actually. Haven't noticed any slow downs so far yet but can't really say I've been in any hairy situations with tons of explosions or anything (only real ones so far are the cut scene ones using the in-game engine). Definitely glad I picked this up when they had the flash sale going on a few weekends back.

You shouldn't see any slow downs until the final level. That was the only time I saw them.

#112 Orange

Orange

Oh Yes!

• 7,411 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 13 May 2013 - 14:41

I'm still doing this game and i'm playing it on pc via a xbox 360 controller, So far it's one of my fav this year. Really stands out, gameplay wise and the feel and look of it. Never been the biggest fan of the series. Played first one on pc. That's it really. Also what i like with this game is it's quite long too. I'm only at 58% of the game.. loving it!!