Kaspersky Internet security 2012 or Pure 2.0

Hey guys,

I have been a Kaspersky user for some time (since 2010) then around 5 months ago I switched to Microsoft security essentials to check It out, while I was pleased with MSE performance I was not really feeling all that confident in its ability, so I want to go back to Kaspersky, My KIS 2012 license has just expired.

Today when I wanted to download KIS 2012 I noticed a highlight for the new version of Kaspersky Pure 2, which is supposed to be an ?all in 1? solution.

I stayed away from the first one because it was based on an outdated Kaspersky engine (2010 I think it was) and I felt some of its features were not that necessary at the time, but now it has apparently been updated and my needs have changed.

So I ask should I buy Pure 2.0 or get another KIS 2012 license, and most importantly does Pure 2 have the KIS 2012 engine is it the 2011 one?

Pure certainly looks better and is more organized and has encryption, password manager, but unless it provides the latest AV engine all that does not matter, Also I have heard that KIS 2013 is coming up pretty soon, will there be a new pure alongside the new KIS or will it just be KAV and KIS that are getting the 2013 update? Finally has anyone tried them on the windows 8 RP?

Thank you so much in advance ;)

Hello,

I strongly recommend sticking with KIS for the time being as Pure always uses outdated engines. I think they want to be more competative with other players but don't have enough human resources to invest into Pure. So Pure is always left with an outdated engine. Currently Pure is running on KIS 2011. And KIS 2013 will be released some time in August. So you'll get most up to date protection if you stick with KIS.

I had the same question as you but finally decided to renew KIS and not get Pure.

I have a separate copy of Password manager which I like very much. You can get it for 15 dollars from your online account.

However, if you have multiple PCs runing in your home, Pure could be a very good alternative. Especially if you would like to able to control other computers.

Hello,

I strongly recommend sticking with KIS for the time being as Pure always uses outdated engines. I think they want to be more competative with other players but don't have enough human resources to invest into Pure. So Pure is always left with an outdated engine. Currently Pure is running on KIS 2011. And KIS 2013 will be released some time in August. So you'll get most up to date protection if you stick with KIS.

I had the same question as you but finally decided to renew KIS and not get Pure.

I have a separate copy of Password manager which I like very much. You can get it for 15 dollars from your online account.

However, if you have multiple PCs runing in your home, Pure could be a very good alternative. Especially if you would like to able to control other computers.

Thank youy so much for the responce,

I only have 1 computer so i think i will stick with KIS and renew my license :)