Any way to get rid of the ridiculous charm bar?

It sounds like something a 13yr old girl would talk about. Seriously, doesn't it..?? Am I the only one who thinks it sounds childish...???

No, sounds fine to me. No worse than many of the "cute" names Apple gives to their OS features.

The idea of hot corners seems an odd choice for tablets, am I remembering right that Microsoft showed off a design where they had a round button half way up the sides of the screen and it expanded out with a keyboard. Maybe that would have been a better option because on a tablet my palm usually obscures the bottom left corner.

I mean is this an os or a 13yr old girl...?? Geeez...

Yeah that charm bar looks like it doesn't belong... I think the entire Metro UI needs to be more consistent. Not to mention it looks horrible, but some people like it I guess.

You're the only bitter one here.

Actually, going through the posts I've read, there's about 3400 of us that are quite bitter about Windows 8 on these forums between all the threads over the past 8 months. I hate so many aspects of the UI it's ridiculous.. Kill the invisible crap Microsoft. Stop trying to be like Mac, you'll fail at it like so many other things you've tried to be like Apple with. Soon no one will even remember what a zune was.

Interesting. You're the guy who didn't like the taskbar in Windows 7, while that was in development. How's that working out for you now? :)

I was tired by the time I read your post last night.... but I woke up this morning with a brand new rebuttal.

Aren't you the guy that was such a big proponent of the "new" taskbar, swearing up and down that it was the future of windows, and that it was here to stay....??? How'd that work out for ya.... :woot: :laugh:

Exactly how did ms reward such loyalty...???

It's ok, you don't need to answer, as we all know how that played out.

Lemme guess....metro is(now) the future of windows, and is here to stay(as it pertains to desktop)....??

~sigh~

(Sorry for bitch slapping you so early in the morning, but I wake up grumpy). :p

I was tired by the time I read your post last night.... but I woke up this morning with a brand new rebuttal.

Aren't you the guy that was such a big proponent of the "new" taskbar, swearing up and down that it was the future of windows, and that it was here to stay....??? How'd that work out for ya.... :woot: :laugh:

Exactly how did ms reward such loyalty...???

It's ok, you don't need to answer, as we all know how that played out.

Lemme guess....metro is(now) the future of windows, and is here to stay(as it pertains to desktop)....??

~sigh~

(Sorry for bitch slapping you so early in the morning, but I wake up grumpy). :p

I didn't state it was the "future of Windows" and it "will stay" regarding future Windows versions. I meant that Taskbar will stay in Windows 7 because Windows 7 was still in development and some people were suggesting it was that "moronic" it wouldn't stay. I wouldn't ever expect Microsoft to keep a UI element in the next version of Windows because it's a new version and improvements should be made. I actually suspected they would overhaul the Taskbar and Start Menu area in Windows 8 (before we knew about it), which I believe I mentioned in the some of 2009 posts, because the Start Menu was an awful UI element that could have benefited from drastic change.

"Exactly how did MS reward such loyalty?" Unlike you, I don't want Microsoft to keep things the same in every Windows version. I desire huge changes, if those changes bring improvements. So I'm a huge fan of what they're doing with the Metro experience. Thus, they've actually rewarded that loyalty of mine very well because they've given me what I'm after. Still, to answer your question, the Taskbar as it appeared in Windows 7 still exists in Windows 8 (minus the unneeded Start button), so I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest. . . . :)

It sounds like something a 13yr old girl would talk about. Seriously, doesn't it..?? Am I the only one who thinks it sounds childish...???

Had to look up what the Charms Bar is! Hadn't came across that while I was trying out Windows 8, which I have since given up on.

Yes,

Sounds VERY childish/girly to me and doesn't look like anything I'd ever need.