Husband

NEW DELHI: A 26-year-old woman has approached a Delhi court with a plea to annul her marriage, saying her husband is "psychologically impotent" and despite being married for several months, they have had no sexual relations.

Citing the inability of her husband to consummate the marriage as a ground for "mental cruelty", the woman said she was ready to undergo medical examination anywhere to prove her virginity. :huh:

The plea came after the estranged husband gave a written statement to the Delhi Police that the marriage was consummated and he wasn't at fault for the marital strain.

The wife's plea trashes the claim. The husband's "abnormal behaviour" became clear on their honeymoon to Australia and New Zealand last year, she alleged.

During the 15-odd days they spent there, he avoided getting close to her but mingled freely with other women, which "could irresistibly lead to the conclusion that the respondent was psychologically impotent qua the petitioner and this is the reason the marriage could not be consummated and the petitioner till date remains a virgin".

According to the woman's plea filed through her advocate Prabhjit Jauhar, the woman said there was no sexual contact through the honeymoon despite several advances by her. Thereafter, the couple also went for a short holiday to Goa but the estrangement continued, says the plea. "The wife after spending more than nine months with her husband was not able to evoke sensual feelings from her husband and as a result had to walk out of the matrimonial home."

Referring to Supreme Court judgments, the wife said matrimonial courts had the power to refer parties for a medical examination to ascertain the truth, and that she too should be permitted to prove she is a virgin despite several months of marriage.

Additional district judge Sudesh Kumar has posted the matter for July 26 after issuing notice to the husband on the woman's plea.

source

Yes. Under English common law a refusal (or inability) to consummate the marriage can be grounds for a marriage to be voided, and many US states use common law as the basis of their legal systems.

Not consummating the marriage could be looked at as a kind of fraud, plus many relious traditions hold a failure to.consummate, therefore denying one partner their expectation of procreation, is a reason to void the marriage.

^ funnily arrange marriages have less cases of divorce than love marriages. ( Before i get bashed, I have nothing against love marriage, i just support a marriage where both partners are happy. )

That probably has less to do with the stability of the personal relationship than the traditional subjugation of women in many arranged marriage cultures. Just look at Saudi Arabia.

I wouldnt want to be with someone if they didnt want to or couldnt have sex. At least not at the start of a relationship. I would however see if there is anything that could be done first.

And yea, maybe she was fugly and the dudes meds wore off. Who knows.

That probably has less to do with the stability of the personal relationship than the traditional subjugation of women in many arranged marriage cultures. Just look at Saudi Arabia.

Aside from some "really" backward villages of India, no one forces women to marry, Media spices up news before broadcasting it. And Love marriages are happening in masses now here. I dont think it has anything to do with arrange marriage, maybe that girl is really fugly or husband knows something about her past?

She must be butt ugly and only managed to get married through an arranged marriage, if he is chasing other women instead.

and we don't know he isn't gay why? could be the reason also

Because it explicitly states that he has been chasing other women

doesn't mean anything, you can be attracted to women, but not aroused by them

And Love marriages are happening in masses now here.

Love marriages are vastly over rated. Just look at the divorce rate if you don't believe me.

Love marriages are vastly over rated. Just look at the divorce rate if you don't believe me.

That's what i mentioned in my first post, Love marriages have more divorce rate than arrange marriage, which is surprising IMO.