Do you like or hate Windows 8?

The direction Microsoft took with Windows 8  

855 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the direction Microsoft took with Windows 8?

• Yes I love it, i'll be upgrading
    • No I hate it, i'll stick with Windows 7
    • It doesn't bother me
    • I will use Windows 8 with a start menu hack program

More flamebait from *******s. And the Mods like it instead of acting on it.

Cheers.

Where is the flamebait? If you believe there is flamebait, please report it. We can't do anything about it if you don't report it and we don't spot it. None of Mark Christian Klass's post seems like flamebait to me. Surely you're not suggesting that him suggesting people aren't adapting well to change is flamebait?

I hate Windows 8

threads.

Do you hate the things it does?

I installed it so that I could format a hdd I was having problems with.

I found it a pain having to enter my email and password and the intrusive nature of the software.

However I did buy the upgrade and when amazon.co.uk dispatch it then I will probably install it as an upgrade.

Do you hate the things it does?

I installed it so that I could format a hdd I was having problems with.

I found it a pain having to enter my email and password and the intrusive nature of the software.

However I did buy the upgrade and when amazon.co.uk dispatch it then I will probably install it as an upgrade.

Capture.PNG

I've never had a problem with Windows 8 itself, though some apps don't work properly. That's to be expected though, and it's not Microsoft's fault. I don't see why people whine and cry so much about something as simple as a start menu. I myself have never used the start menu by clicking it and clicking on programs, and selecting the program I want. I press the Windows key, type the name of the app, and press enter. I can still do that in Windows 8, and it's much faster.

To all you whiners out there, please, PLEASE try to adapt to change, and not be so resistant to it. Just because you're used to a certain way of doing things doesn't mean it's necessarily the best way.

Cheers.

Um we adapted to change. From Windows 3.1 all the way to Windows 7. The changes that happened were for the BETTER for us that like to multitask and have many windows displaying at the same time. Windows 8 made changes for the worse, not better FOR ME. I will not blindly accept a new OS just because it is new. If it does not make me do my tasks more efficiently, and instead it makes some of the tasks more complicated, I will stick with a previous version.

Please, can somebody explain to me why the heck I cannot boot directly to the desktop? Sure all I have to do is click Desktop, but doing that every day is very very annoying. I am never in the start screen other than to open applications. Why can't they put an option to boot directly to the desktop so I can start working right away every day instead of taking an unnecessary step every morning (and multiple times if I am installing stuff and rebooting a lot).

I guess I can live with the fact that I will have a 30" start screen in my face a lot of times, but come on. At least give us Desktop users the option to go DIRECTLY to the desktop WITHOUT an extra step for us to do every single day.

Just because you're used to a certain way of doing things doesn't mean it's necessarily the best way.

SO a better way to get to the Start Screen is to have an invisible "hit box" that you must click? That is a much better way than a visual cue? A better way is to have shut down moved to another invisible Charms bar? Things are different, but come on they are not "better" than what we have already.

Why do you guys feel so threatened by options? The same type of visual cue in Windows 7 will only allow us to click it more easily. It will not make support more difficult because everybody is used to a visual cue. Booting directly to the desktop will not make support more difficult. In fact it will make support easier if a user needs to go to the desktop for something.

MOST of the complaints will vanish if they just did those two things. I know some people prefer the Start Menu vs the Start Screen (such as myself), but at least give us a button to press to launch the Start Screen and some of us (like me) will be happy.

They need to get rid of these invisible collision boxes. Support becomes a nightmare when things are hidden.

Why do you guys feel so threatened by options? The same type of visual cue in Windows 7 will only allow us to click it more easily. It will not make support more difficult because everybody is used to a visual cue. Booting directly to the desktop will not make support more difficult. In fact it will make support easier if a user needs to go to the desktop for something.

MOST of the complaints will vanish if they just did those two things. I know some people prefer the Start Menu vs the Start Screen (such as myself), but at least give us a button to press to launch the Start Screen and some of us (like me) will be happy.

Because there's just no point of having one way to access Start from the desktop but a different way of accessing it everywhere else. You're going to have to learn the corner anyway so why not just make it consistent everywhere (and therefore less prone to confusion - having two ways to do the same thing tends to make people wonder if they're somehow different).

I've been using it for about a week now with the Start Menu and the MetroUI Skip mod. It just makes everything much easier for me to use. Eventually, I might uninstall them both once I've fully got to groups with all of Windows 8's new features, but for now I'm perfectly happy with my setup.