I'm sure there will be. I don't think it'll be as unforgiving as Dark Souls and not let you switch it off.

If it works as well as it did in that video. It could be very cool.

I think you should be able to turn it off, it's really just limited PvP, you drop into someones game who's in your grid I'm guessing and you just hack them to expand your own or not.   Nothing fancy since we are talking a SP game still.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, forget about the game if you have an x32 OS (or a dual-core CPU) - the system requirements for Watch Dogs on PC have been released, and both dual-core and Win32 have had their chop called.

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/watch-dogs-system-requirements-revealed/

Also, forget about the game if you have an x32 OS (or a dual-core CPU) - the system requirements for Watch Dogs on PC have been released, and both dual-core and Win32 have had their chop called.

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/watch-dogs-system-requirements-revealed/

Nothing like a highly anticipated game to get ya out of 2008 specs. I cant talk though, console gamer here.

Nothing like a highly anticipated game to get ya out of 2008 specs. I cant talk though, console gamer here.

Still, it's about time - other than Atom, when was the last x32 CPU from either Intel or AMD?

Interesting fact - since XP, x64 has both outsold and outshipped x32 in terms of desktop Windows. (That is according to Valve, not Microsoft.  Does EA's Origin collect similar stats?)

Next-gen consoles are entirely x64 - which doubtless is accelerating that trend.

The real question is will other upcoming multiplatform titles follow Watch Dogs (and Battlefield 4) in the primarily or only x64 trend?  (I'm talking about Titanfall (EA), The Crew (Ubisoft), Deus Ex Universe (Eidos Montreal), etc.)

Yeah a 2008 PC will,likely run this on low to mid settings, sorry didn't read all the posts. The quad core and 64 bit requirements are to be expected, its about time. Anyway, looking forward to this, though getting it on PS4 anyway.

Since I won't be getting one of the new systems anytime soon I'll have to hold off on this game for now.  One thing I wonder about though, can you set it so that you don't have other players dropping in and trying to hack your game like they demoed?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-revised-pc-requirements-call-for-6gb-of-ram/

This article suggests they have really ramped up the specs compared to above, I know you can't directly compare a console with a PC but with minimum specs like that, I don't know how the current gen will cope! Next gen, in terms of pure numbers on a piece of paper, looks a little touch and go to me.

i'm good, i have a 12GB PC (for other uses than gaming, like server testing and VMs) :D but yeah, 8GB recommended is high as fcuk.

And no PS4 or X1 for you? May I ask why?

I'll get them but just not right away.   At best I might get one for Christmas and the other later in February.  

Nice to see developers taking advantage of hardware that's a bit more current, the number of x86 systems still out there gaming is getting a bit slim. Dying to get a copy of this one, if the DRM isn't at an absurd level. Hate having to crack games I own.

This makes me all giddy.

Minimum
  • Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
  • This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY
Recommended
  • Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
  • Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
  • Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
  • nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
  • AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
  • Intel? Iris? Pro HD 5200
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-system-requirements-announced-specify-64-bit-os-and-minimum-6-gb-of-ram/

This is the effect of next-gen consoles right there. Games have been content with 32-bit executables and 2GB of RAM for a while, simply because Xbox 360 and PS3 only had 512MB memory total. With Xbox One and PS4 both sporting 8GB of memory, you can expect most future games to require or at least run significantly better on 64-bit systems with large RAM pools.

Also with both systems having relatively low-IPC 8-core CPUs, multicore scaling should get way better as well, but that's merely speculation.

About damn time I say!  :)

Sounds good to me, as I'm all for developers pushing PC gaming forward. However, it does seem silly to me that the game doesn't scale to lower spec machines when the game is being released for X360 and PS3, both of which have a fraction of the power.

• Like 2

Also notice the minimum Video Card is one with Direct X11 support, I know quite a few people who will have to upgrade because they currently run 2 GFX Cards in SLI/Crossfire that are only D10 compatible.

I remember when games needed a 200mhz processor and 32mb of ram lol

GTX 460 and HD 5850 are fairly ancient now. The 6GB RAM requirement might be the biggest stumbling block for users though. A quick look at the latest Steam Survey shows more than 50% of users won't meet the requirement.

I remember when games needed a 200mhz processor and 32mb of ram lol

My Atari VCS (2600) was 1.19MHz and had 128 bytes (that's right, bytes) of RAM.

I played that thing for 10 years.

CoD Ghosts

Minimum System Requirements
?OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
?CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
?RAM: 6 GB RAM
?HDD: 50 GB HD space
?Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
?Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
?DirectX: 11
?Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements
?Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements

GTX 780 :rofl:

• Like 3

This makes me all giddy.

This is the effect of next-gen consoles right there. Games have been content with 32-bit executables and 2GB of RAM for a while, simply because Xbox 360 and PS3 only had 512MB memory total. With Xbox One and PS4 both sporting 8GB of memory, you can expect most future games to require or at least run significantly better on 64-bit systems with large RAM pools.

Also with both systems having relatively low-IPC 8-core CPUs, multicore scaling should get way better as well, but that's merely speculation.

About damn time I say!  :)

Battlefield 4s main build is 64 bit also, and CoD: Ghosts apparently requires a 64 bit OS.

About damn time indeed.