How to recover Local Administrator account after removing AD via DCPROMO?

So I wanted to mess around with Active Directory on my file server, got it set up...played with it.. wanted to remove it. I ran DCPROMO.exe to remove it as a domain controller, than removed AD. When I was done, I tried to log back in, but I'm getting a "administrator.white-dwarf" account now, instead of my old "administrator" one.

When I look at the profiles list in system, I can see 3 "account unknown" profiles, and in the /user folder, i can see my old administrator account. While I am able to use all programs, i need my settings back from the old one. Is there a way to recover the account, or am I F'd?

sounds more like the system glitched as the Administrative account should return to how it was before you made it a domain controller when you removed the domain

You need to merge profiles or use your other ?

I need to use the other one, as it had a number of custom profile settings for apps already set. I found a guide at http://memphistech.net/?p=60 but botched it (it deleted the old profile folder), so I'm going to have to restore back to my backup from a week ago (grumble)

Thanks

If you posed the question better I could have pointed you in the right registry area hklm\software\microsoft\windows nt\profile list

And pick you profile and change the profile path or use forensit profile wizard to assign the old profile to your current user. Sorry u messed up.