Tablet for first time buyer

I am looking for a tablet, if possible under $150 CDN.

Zoomable screen/gesture. Need it for watching movies (mostly non-HD), and listening to mp3s.

A USB port would be convenient. I am not a fan of Micro SD cards, my computers can't read them half the time.

Would it be possible to transfer my Firefox bookmarks to an Android browser ?

Thank you for the site, HoochieMamma. looks like many good choices here

How about a Kindle Fire? I picked mine up for $130 ($50 gift card deal + Walmart employee discount) and I thoroughly enjoy using it, even more so after installing ICS. It may not have a lot of high-end features, like a camera, Bluetooth, or expandable storage, but it's great for most things, like web browsing and YouTube. If that's a bit too expensive, how about the Nook Color/Tablet?

i got a NOOK color refurb for 120$ USD. and added CM7. Android store. Plays games fast and easy. music, video, and ebooks. No camera though, which I wish i had for skype.

dropbox and can sync browser settings. I love it. Great for traveling or reading on the go. You can plug in usb and transfer files. I mean its a great device for what I paid for it. and I got one for my 4 year old son and he loves it too.

I'm also in the market for a tablet but people keep telling me that even ?150 doesn't get you much and my needs/wants in a tab are pretty much the same as yours.

HIP STREET 7" HD DELUXE looks great. Does it have Android Market ?

if an Android Tablet does not have offical Android Market ability, in its info, is that hard to get around?

I do not care if a Tablet has a webcam or blue tooth. MSN would be nice. Main uses would be surfing and movies. Playing emulated games would be a bonus, if possible.

really test drive your tablet. a $200 playbook (possibly used for $150?) will likely be your *best* investment for that price range..

FWIW, MicroSD is accessed by the tablet. You connect the USB up to it, and you should get the internal storage, as well as a drive letter for the MicroSD card. This, then makes your computer happy with microSD.

Can you watch movies on Kindle Fire ?

I would stay away from kindle fire.. It might never get the latest flavour of Android.

if you are to buy a low priced tabled buy an Android ICS tablet.

I installed ICS on my Kindle Fire. It's a fairly simple process as long as you're willing to basically void your warranty. It's tons better than the stock firmware that Amazon uses and actually lets you take full advantage of the tablet. I never intended to use the Fire as an outlet for Amazon's services in the first place, so installing ICS and getting the full Google experience was a natural choice.